Gun Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm soon obtaining a KSC Glock 19 GBB. I've decided that I would like to upgrade the stock abs slide to an ultra realistic metal one.

In Redwolf's review they mention that the recoil spring must be upgraded along with the slide.

Metal Slide & Outer Barrel for KSC Rail G19

When installed on the Glock 19, it makes the gun extremely realistic. We highly recommend this upgrade for the KSC Glock 19. Note that the latest versions of the KSC Glock 19 have a weakened recoil spring which needs to be upgraded with this metal slide. Note that when we showed a Glock with this metal slide installed to active law enforcement officers, they claimed they could not tell the difference between the real gun and the airsoft version without firing them! If you own a Glock19, we highly recommend this metal slide and barrel.
I was wondering if that was absolutely necessary and if so, would this product suffice? Also, does this include a better spring or would I have to get an improved spring along with this?

Guarder Recoil Spring Guide for KSC G19

Increased spring tension for higher speed recoil. Best used in conjunction with high flow valve.
And since that review mentions the benefits of incorporating a high flow valve..

Firefly Rocket Valve for KSC G17/ 18 / 19 / 23 / 26 / 34

Reinforced rocket valve for improving accuracy of your KSC Glock pistol.
I'm only considering these extra additions because they are low in price and I love the idea of having a modified Glock GBB, especially a KSC.

So does this seem like a good plan? Are these the proper parts I need (especially the spring) for the new metal slide to work properly? Or do I not need the spring at all?

Thanks for any input. :D

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
yes when adding a metal slide al those upgrades yo uposted will help.

The high flow valve will enable more gas to move the heavier slide back. Keep in mind you will go through more gas and this doesn't neccessarily increase your fps. Simply using green gas with a stock magazine/valve may save you from the whole vavle thing. The enhanced recoil spring will bring the heavier slide back into position much faster. So yes you need the spring. The recoil spring guide would be optional since it doesn't move, but since you're upgrading everything you might as well.

I would suggest a Hurricane KSC g19 upg kit since it includes a drop in replacement valve. The one you posted requires you to take apart a stock valve and replace this part.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shoppe...es&PHPSESSID=ecaeddbc2fc0373271f8d5df3204423d

If you can afford it get real valve tool to install the valve.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GD-TL-VK_cat_Tools

personally though, play with what your getting first. I prefer my stock, plastic slide KSC G18c over my upgraded metal G18c because the Rate of Fire is ALOT better. Plus plastic slides are cheap and easy to replace.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the info. I do have a few questions though.

How much wear and tear is expected with the stock slide?

How much of a penalty on gas usage will I get by installing these parts?

And finally, if I purchase the Hurricane upg kit will I only then need to buy a better spring?

EDIT: How do you link from that site? I want you to see a G19 package they have; wondering if I should get that.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
that kit includes the upgraded g19 spring. Their main site is here:

http://www.wgcshop.com
Thes guys are in Hong Kong

Also available at AEX. contact them direct and they'll piece together what you need.

>>How much wear and tear is expected with the stock slide?

Depends on your usage. My g18c went through about 6000 bb's with green gas. But hte G18c also fires in full auto, which wil stress a plastic slide.

>>How much of a penalty on gas usage will I get by installing these parts?

I'm not sure how much of a gas consumption hit you will take though. But you will take a hit jsu because more enrgy is needed to push heavier things around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ORCA said:
Glock 18c is select fire. Can shoot in full auto.
Ok cool, I ordered the regular 19 since I prefer semi-auto. For now I just ordered the GBB and two extra mags from WGC. Still waiting on the price quote though, I hope the shipping isn't too brutal.

I figure I'll hang with the stock gun for a while and decide whether or not I want the metal slide/barrel/upgrades later on.

Thanks again for the info Orca.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ill sell ya...

hey mang u could buy my KWA G19 Full metal slide glock with two mags and a extra HFC M80 Combat Pistol for all of it for 130 plus shipping buying it seperate costs 210 trust these things are brand spanking new. the reason thy are so low is because i need a kicker to get my CA G36K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts