Gun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my lowers in a few days and I know close to nothing about building these. Who wants to help me out?

·
Registered
767 Posts
There is a ton of info online at ar15.com

but post any questions you have here and we can help

The build is fairly easy

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well for the first one I am thinking about getting a kit from del-ton, can anyone comment on the quality? I am not looking to spend a huge amount on my first one, basically I want something fairly good quality, that can shoot around 1 MOA, assuming that I do my part and the ammo is of sufficient quality.

·
Registered
76 Posts
samit said:
well for the first one I am thinking about getting a kit from del-ton, can anyone comment on the quality? I am not looking to spend a huge amount on my first one, basically I want something fairly good quality, that can shoot around 1 MOA, assuming that I do my part and the ammo is of sufficient quality.
great quality, great customer service...

check out ar15.com there are tons of reviews

-SF

·
Registered
76 Posts
as long as he has a non-removeable clip, he can do whatever he wants too the gun.

-SF

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my fellow californian is right, my only restriction is that it must have a fixed 10 round magazine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is what I am thinking of getting from del-ton

16" Rifle Kit
Barrels : Wilson Arms 16" Heavy 1x9 Chrome Lined
Bolt & Carrier : Chrome Bolt & Carrier
Buttstocks : M4 6 Position Buttstock-Black
Charging Handle : Standard Charging Handle
Detachable Carrying Handle : None
Flash Hiders : Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider
Gas Blocks : 2 Rail Gas Block with Detachable Filp front Sight
Gas Tubes : CAR Gas Tube
Grips : SPR Pistol Grip
Handguards : YHM 4 Rail Light Weight FF Tube
Lower Parts : Lower Parts Kit With RRA 2 Stage Trigger
Upper : Flat Top Upper With Feed Ramps

·
Registered
76 Posts
you dont need the the 2 stage trigger, it will just make it heavier and I dont think you are doing competitions.

I suggest the ergo-grip.....soooo nniiiceee

-SF

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you want a nice trigger, get a Jard or McCormick. the McCormick will drop in as it is a self contained unit.

I have a 2 lbs adjustable Jard, which requires more work and effort but you can tune the trigger just how you want it. No grinding required

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm thinking about a flip up, i would like to get a eotech. I am not sure if i want a scope on it. If i put a scope then I would probably not get a eotech, and use the scope as a primary with the iron sights as back up

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I have the A.R.M.S 40A and I did not think it would hold a zero being a flip up, it holds it right on every time. You can take it off and put it back and its still on target. For an A.R.M.S ANYTHING $95 bucks is cheap... hell something that costs $20 and works the same is $150 with them. I was just looking and I think there stuff may have come down a bit....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts