Gun Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in California and am fairly new to airsoft. I have yet to buy my first gun and I am looking for the best place to buy from.

I'm not looking to spend more than $500, so I've had my eye set on the CA M14A4 for some time now.

Any suggestions on where to buy or what is a better starting gun?

There is an AEX store about a 20 min. drive from my house, but I've heard they aren't the best place to buy from.

Thanks. :D

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Haha well AEX sponsors this site, so.. I dunno who said AEX wasn't good...

If they're ony 20 mins from your house you should make a trip to AEX and be the judge of that. It's worth a 20 minute drive. If you don't like them then that's fine, but going by what "other" people say... They will let you test fire anything they have in stock and advise you based on the fact most of the guys are airsoft players too. They have beginer packages on all their AEG's as well so you'll leave the store with everythign you'll need to play. They also have the longest warranty for everything they sell of 45 days, but I know alot of peeps out of warranty they make sure are taken care of.

What part of CA are you in? They got 5 stores all over CA.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

I'm closest to the Santa Clara store. I'm hoping to head down there when I have some time off work, but I wanted to go in knowing roughly what I wanted. Is the M15 a good starting weapon?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D :D :D

I was looking at that and the Fiber Quad Handguard, but I didn't know if that one would fit the A4 as well.

Looks perfect... now if only it weren't so expensive...

Oh well, no one said airsofting was a cheap endeavor. :?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so I worked up everything I want in my dream rifle. (Not including an Eotech red dot)

-CA M15A4 (with Gamer package)

-CA M16-A2 RAS

-G&G Vertical Grip, ABS

-Hurricane HK M4 front and rear sights

-CA Durability Upgrade Level 1 (*400 fps)

If I add in the price of labor to install the upgrade, I think I'm looking at upwards of $800.

My question is: Is all this worth it?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
lol it's worth it if you can justify it. I really hate to say it but it boils down to how/why your gonna use it. A stock AEG upgraded internally to 400 fps is gonna pretty much fire the same as a cosmetically upgraded 400fps AEG. I own alot of airsoft and upgrade mine for my tastes. The upgrades are worth it to me. Not sure if they'll be worth it to others. I usually take my most stock AEG's out if I skirmish.

The Hurricane HK M4 sights will both have to sit on the flat top/RAS. I personally don't think HK M4 sights should go on anythign w/o the HK416 kit, but that's just me. The HK M4 sights are designed to be used on the elevated rail of the 416, so they may be hard to zero on a normal Armalite style flattop.

But the Eotech by itself is worth it for the WOW factor ;) FYI it's laser/holographic which is why it's 3 -4x more expensive then a reddot ;)

Seriously though take a trip over to the SC AEX store. Good peeps, will let you try alot of options out which ultimatley will save you money. Like see if they'll let you checkout the HKM4 sights to see if you'll even like them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i want to know where i can find an AK47 type airsoft if it is even real...if it is and you know where to find one message me with info PLEASE!!! thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
well thanks...i'm kinda new to airsoft as well as paintball so.....

i only use real guns untill now...but thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts