Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are the Gold and Silver ones banned in CA? Not that I would want one, but a friend of mine does and he can't get it because it hasn't been drop tested. Can they do that? I mean, its just the finish of the gun, why should that matter at all?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Think thats retarded. Last time I looked at the list I noticed that the post war Walther p38 like mine was banned but the military/police p1 wasnt. Its the same fucking gun with different markings.

This is what happens when idiots who know nothing about the guns make the laws.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Because gold and silver finishes make the gun more "Scary".... yea... I would not be suprised if that was the case... The parts should be the name number but the model number is what makes them have to retest the guns. I think on the DE model numbers the last letter is changed or something stupid like that...Other than that I have no idea....

Mark XIX, 6-Inch Barrel, Black Oxide

Mark VII, 6-Inch Barrel

I can say there fuuun guns to fire... Expensive ammo... but fuuun, the recoil is not as bad as I feared it would be but the muzzle flash is awesome, and the sound it makes this deep deep thud type sound. But what suprised me was it was jamming like crazy! I sure as hell am not going to spend that much on a handgun to have it jam! even if its one or two times....

·
Registered
21 Posts
fatcat said:
I can say there fuuun guns to fire... Expensive ammo... but fuuun, the recoil is not as bad as I feared it would be but the muzzle flash is awesome, and the sound it makes this deep deep thud type sound. But what suprised me was it was jamming like crazy! I sure as hell am not going to spend that much on a handgun to have it jam! even if its one or two times....
you cant shoot the DE limp wristed and have it funtion properly

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's the paradox. The gun doesn't fire unless you shoot it a certain way. Theoretically, the gun is fuctioning to specs, the shooter isn't shooting to spec. Make sense?

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
When you limp wrist it ansorbs the kenetic energy needed to cycle the gun. Its like using too underpowered ammo, it just doesnt have the power to properly extract the shell case and most times you get a stovepipe jam. Happens with alot of semi auto handguns.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Only other reason for jamming is that you are using lead bullets. They clog up the gas ports and make the thim jam. This is more a problem with 357 and 44 mag models. I havent seen 50AE lead slugs in commercially loaded ammo

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had actually forgotten about that till adler mentioned something. I remember someone telling me about that when I was looking at buying two of the gold ones back a few years ago.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Adler said:
When you limp wrist it ansorbs the kenetic energy needed to cycle the gun. Its like using too underpowered ammo, it just doesnt have the power to properly extract the shell case and most times you get a stovepipe jam. Happens with alot of semi auto handguns.
True i've heard of that before but never had it happen too me but then again i don't limp wrist.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Acording to the state if it looks diffrent, scary, or more deadly than other guns then in must be and we can't have that in the hands of law abiding citizens that are of no theat to society.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts