Gun Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting an M9 spring airsoft pistol. the reason i dont want a GBB is because i dont live anywhere near a store that sells airsoft guns. so i cant get green gas. I also know that electric pistols are crap. so, a spring pistol is the way im going. i realize that there are may companys and half of the guns they produce are ver unrealistic (safety is in the wrong place, the hammer doent go back, etc) i am having a very hard time trying to figure out what to get. so, can someone help me with this?:confused:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
if locally available green gas is your only hurdle, you should get a solid GBB. in fact, i have a Western Arms m92fs for sale. in the perfect edition, with a silencer, and is in great shape.

you can buy green gas from many online retailers.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Wow... sigh...

Just like with GBB's and AEG's Tokyo Marui holds a top spot in quality and reliabilty in the spring pistol/smg world.

Just get w/e you want. spring pistols are cheap, and will eventually break anyway and there are no repleacment parts available. Then you'll take some time and actually research a little more and find out Green Gas is just Propane or what NN mentioned on just having Green Gas shipped to you, which will open up a whole new airsoft world for you...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
yeah... i just found this thing called this weird propane adapter thing.....
its pretty cheap. i think i might perchase that...
anyway is there a reliable, affordable, realistic GBB out there? as long is its not a 1191 cause i dint like their design (i think their ugly)

by affordible i mean any thing under $100 cause im kinda on a buget, i loved GBB but never found a good way to get gas affordably in other words i didnt want to take the money to buy gas ever 2 weeks

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
TOKYO MARUI would be a good place to start... They make many different GBB's, reasonably priced with an abundance of repair and upgrade parts.

Western Arms pistol like the oen NN is selling is a higher end GBB.

You should research the propane adapter too before you buy it. While it seems like a great idea, there's always tradeoffs. Tons of info on all this stuff all over.

Retailers are also a good resource to be asking these questions too directly. Once you narrow things down it'll help people answer your questions.

Anything under $100 bucks will be a questionable gun in quality. Like any other sport, you get what you pay for. Good luck in your search. Many other sites out there focusing on bargain airsoft.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I can guarantee that you'll be so disappointed with the spring gun that you will want to kick yourself for not buying a GBB pistol. The GBB pistols are about 50x better than the spring guns, and you will NOT regret getting it. Personally, I think the GBB pistols are more fun that almost ALL electric rifles! My Glock 18C is fun as hell, and realistic as a mofo!

Just giving you my .02cents

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Also as stated before, you get what you pay for.

Also stated before there are other websites that all they talk about is bargain airsoft.

Most Tokyo Marui GBB's will be around the same price. If you want to see a hefty price, look at Western Arms. And all GBB's from AEX will start over $100.00.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AEX looks like a solid site but as you stated aver pistol is over $100 so i am looking for other sites, sadly on google almost everything there is on ebay or amazon.com .anyway is HFC a good company? what about KJW?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Compared to Tokyo Marui, no and no. I stickied a topic for new players in this forum. Basically it points out that most if not all AEG's, GBB's in some way shape or form have copied Tokyo Marui. Most upgrades and add-ons ae built for Tokyo Marui guns.

Please refer to that thread. Saves us from needlessly repeating items already posted.

http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171

And 3rd times the charm. There are OTHER sites that deal with bargain airsoft like:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just found out that i dont have a price limitation as long as i keep it under $200 as WA is out of the question. also whats so great about WA anyway? the guns made by WA look al the same exept some are shorter than others and diffrent colors. so do the guns that AEX sells have the annoying red tip on them? also is there a way to get it off with out paint?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
oh my god thank you SO much orca!!!! i have been trying to find a way to get that annoying orange tip off! im not sure if you have any experience with hobbyasia.com.. my only question is, is it a scam? i know there is google but but to be sure cause google doesnt get that accurete most of the time.

also i read in airsoft-innovations.com some guns are not capable with propane.. so, is tokyo maruai one of the comanys that are capable??

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
google "hobbyasia.com review". I have no first hand experience with them.

Only bonafide scammer(s) are listed here:

http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459

Guns that can use Green Gas can use propane. You need to add silicon oil to propane though. You are probalby better off using green gas to begin with until you figure out what the deal is. So yes Tokyo Marui GBB's can use Green Gas, so they can use propane.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanks, you have been a really big help, thanks for your tips, i think this will be the last of my questions, the reason i asked if TM GBBs were capible with propane was due to the fact that i saw the air flow restrictor on airsoft innavations. thanks again for your help.

by the way, nice avitar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok... so i lied , i do need more info in gbbs, i hope im not an annoyance to you cause i feel like i am. my question is, how does TM compare with KSC WE and MARUZEN?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
You can PM me rather then draggin this out like you have been. Or contacting a reputable retailer woudl help. But doing some research on your end rather then asking open ended questions.

There's no way to compare TM to any you mentioned since TM have the most after market parts made for it hands down. (Already was mentioned earlier) KSC's come in second but KSC and Maruzens are Japanese built guns and designed around the weaker HFC134a Gas. So they need to be upgraded for relaible Green Gas /Propane use. WE is just a cheap chinese copy of the TM 1911 line. (But you already stated you don't like 1911's so it seems your trying to sneak that MFG in based on it's cheapness).

You really need to read the Newbie FAQ on Gas: http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=29

As far as MFG's read: http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=29

Once you have a grasp of who the manufacturers are, and what are their benefits adn drawbacks, you can start making more informed decisions on your own.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.