Gun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Annihilator
Joined
·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say you were going about your daily routine, sitting at your desk surfing OT when all of the sudden you black out.

Suddenly you're in this very vivid dream state where some sort of supreme being (god? something?) tells you "Daniel, I have selected you to rid the world of Islam... I will grant you the tools you need to compete your task.". The supreme being also explains how Islam will be the downfall of all human society, and Islam will be the cause of WWIII resulting in the deaths of BILLIONS. You can stop this.

The gifts that are given to you are:

1. Manipulate Space and Time. (slow down time, speed it up, etc)

2. Ability to spawn already existing items at your disposal. (Like if you wanted a missile, you could make it apprear right before you)

3. Lasty, and most importantly, the ability to see the future upto 5 years in advance. You can see any event... Major events will come to you automatically, however you can focus on items (like what your neighbor will be doing in 20mins, and such). Thus you are basically invincible, since you can see what will happen to you because you can alter the time/space timeline.


Now that you've been breifed, and you're the only one on the planet that knows this, what would you do? (You can't teleport yourself, you can only spawn items to yourself, like a gun, etc).


Personally, I'd go straight to the FBI and tell them I have very time sensitive terror information that could devistate the USA, and that I can ONLY share the info with the president himself, otherwise my family would be killed, etc (make up some bs). Then when I do get to the president, I'd tell him everything and prove to him that all is real and we'd go from there.

This is all spawned from a dream btw, but I thought it was very interesting. Wanted to see what some of you would do with those kind of powers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I've always wondered what you had against Islam?

Did a Muslim jihad your anus or something? :laugh:

::goes back to playing Blood Money::
 

·
Annihilator
Joined
·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have nothing against Islam, no more than I do any religion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
The overall absurdity of this situation aside, y'all are missing step one:

TEST your newfound powers to make certain you are actually so endowed, and that it wasn't just a dream. Doing this before meeting with the Federales would probably be a good idea.

Peace,
Hans
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Easy, I'd wait outside the nearest government office and spawn Bin-Laden. Then I'd spawn Zaquari (sp?).. I'd wait till the nooze told me of whatever bigwig is currently important to al-Q and spawn him into a cage. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
I go with option 1, as long as I can still move at normal speed myself. I would be a GOD. You could stop time while you sleep so no one can sneak up on you when you're sleeping. You could dodge bullets. You could make it seem like you "appear" next to people by moving while time is slowed to a crawl, thus freaking out your friends at parties 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
brucelee said:
I have nothing against Islam, no more than I do any religion.
I used to think that way too, until I found this website.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/


I saw a video of a thief getting dismembered, two people being stoned to death, and a lot of angry idiots. Then it occured to me: Islam is fucking stupid! No wonder these morons act like comic book villains - they're just doing what their goddamn holy book says!

So I now have a zero tolerance policy towards Islam. Nothing against Muslims - they are just average, stupid people who bought into a terrible lie. But Islam is comepletely unacceptable. Why should we be tolerant of it just because it's called a religion? In reality, it's a doctrine of terror and murder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
jamz said:
Oh man, those videos made me sick.
Yep. That's more than enough evidence that either the Koran is complete bullshit, how it's interpreted is complete bullshit, or both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
HOV said:
jamz said:
Oh man, those videos made me sick.
Yep. That's more than enough evidence that either the Koran is complete bullshit, how it's interpreted is complete bullshit, or both.
well, in all fairness, christianity went through a similar period of religious fanaticism called the dark ages. hell, a favorite torture technique of the inquisition involved a 20 gallon syringe of holy water being inserted into the anus of an accused heritic...shit they even tourtured and starved Galileo because he had the audacity to say "gee whiz, the earth actually revolves around the sun!". Just the by-product of people implementing their interpretation of 'god's law' on the heathens, pegans, gentiles, and infidels of this world. so fuck it, hate a man for his actions, not his beliefs.

pretaining to the topic at hand, I've alvays favored pyrokenesis(sp?) over all other supernatural powers (I think the part in Firestarter where the little girl melts the guy's face sold it to me). but with these powers gifted to me, I think a day at the horse races are in order before I do anything else.

gotta get paid right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
only mortal said:
HOV said:
jamz said:
Oh man, those videos made me sick.
Yep. That's more than enough evidence that either the Koran is complete bullshit, how it's interpreted is complete bullshit, or both.
well, in all fairness, christianity went through a similar period of religious fanaticism called the dark ages. hell, a favorite torture technique of the inquisition involved a 20 gallon syringe of holy water being inserted into the anus of an accused heritic...shit they even tourtured and starved Galileo because he had the audacity to say "gee whiz, the earth actually revolves around the sun!". Just the by-product of people implementing their interpretation of 'god's law' on the heathens, pegans, gentiles, and infidels of this world. so fuck it, hate a man for his actions, not his beliefs.

I'll do you one better and hate the belief but not the man. Islam is pure shit, but Muslims are just people who have been snookered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Fine, let's go the next step (like the soviets) and ban all religions outright and end all of this 'my god can beat up your god' nonesense. Destroy all places of worship and literature which places man on the level of god. The problem isn't necessarily with one religion in general, but how people's beliefs coexist (or rather, fail to). Protestantism vs. Catholosism, Judiasm vs. Islamisism, Janism vs. Zoroastrianism, these battles have been going on since man was squatting in the dirt, wiping his ass with leaves.

Debating the merits of one religion over another is inconsequential as people are apt to believe whatever supports their preexisting viewpoints, faith is blind after all. You say Islamists were snookered, and to a point I agree with you, you can use a religious text to make any veiwpoint seem resonable, that's why cults are so dangerous, because they play off of people's faith in an organized fashion, thus nurturing fanaticism.

But belief always precedes action, this is a crucial division. Faith dosen't kill, actions do. If you want to destroy all potential threats, you are going to have to burn the world. Conflict is just a part of human nature after all, and human nature can't be so easily categorized into good and evil.

And I hate religion as much as I hate politics...

-Dee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
fatcat said:
All I need to say is, it would be like the movie "Bruce almighty" and "Rambo" had bastard son....
Indeed. That and "Scanners". When the one dude makes the other guy's head explode. I can see Daniel doing that, just because he can. That and dropping cruise missiles on random criminals. Once again, because he can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
only mortal said:
Fine, let's go the next step (like the soviets) and ban all religions outright and end all of this 'my god can beat up your god' nonesense. Destroy all places of worship and literature which places man on the level of god. The problem isn't necessarily with one religion in general, but how people's beliefs coexist (or rather, fail to). Protestantism vs. Catholosism, Judiasm vs. Islamisism, Janism vs. Zoroastrianism, these battles have been going on since man was squatting in the dirt, wiping his ass with leaves.

Debating the merits of one religion over another is inconsequential as people are apt to believe whatever supports their preexisting viewpoints, faith is blind after all. You say Islamists were snookered, and to a point I agree with you, you can use a religious text to make any veiwpoint seem resonable, that's why cults are so dangerous, because they play off of people's faith in an organized fashion, thus nurturing fanaticism.

But belief always precedes action, this is a crucial division. Faith dosen't kill, actions do. If you want to destroy all potential threats, you are going to have to burn the world. Conflict is just a part of human nature after all, and human nature can't be so easily categorized into good and evil.

And I hate religion as much as I hate politics...

-Dee
I agree completely. But one thing - I never made any mention about "destroying all threats" or ensuring peace for all eternity. Only religious nutbags would say shit like that. I just said that Islam is complete insanity and I hope that some day it will die off (the religion, not the people).

And I never debated the merits of one religion over another. Being an atheist I think they're all crap, but Islam is the most dangerous and violent of the major ones.
 

·
Annihilator
Joined
·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn, that video is crazy. F' being stoned to death! What the hell?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top