Gun Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that Excel .20 bbs work the best in my AK and Glock 18C. My friends have used other brands but imperfections in the bb prevent the bb from firing correctly from the gun.

Any brands to stay away from?

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
I hear that Airsoft will support paintball BBs (std. size BBs filled with paint rather than being solid or hollow).
Has anyone of you actually used these before and have direct _real_ experience (not crap like I heard from my cousins best friend...) with them?
I'd like to use it toward training along with the Airsfot 1911 that I will be begrudgingly buying.

Thanks,

- Janq

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye, I tried some paintball bbs in my Glock 18C once and it was a BAD IDEA. The splattered inside of the gun and it was a mess. This was a while ago, and now there is a company that makes seamless paintballs for airsoft guns (6mm) that are supposed to work well with gas pistols (not electric for some reason). I don't have real world expenerience with them however. I can tell you to stay away from the ones that have seams, they will explode inside your gun leaving a nice mess for you to clean up.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
1. I'll admit, they may have changed since I used them, but we ruined two spring pistols trying to use those paintballs... Bad idea.

2. Whatever you do, don't use those cheap crappy "Flying Colors" (Or whatever brand they happen to be) one from Wal-Mart or other local retail stores.

The most well known brands for making quality BBs are Excel, Maruzen, and Marushin. I'm sure there's one or two I'm forgetting, but the ones I listed are the best. Trust me, there's a noticable difference between Excel's and "the other guys"...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Airsoft Elite bbs are awesome.

I only use the walmart bbs cause they are cheap and I use my p90 like a support gun spitting out 28 bbs per second. they aren't the cheap flying colors crap, they are crossman .20 and they are actually pretty decent for my application.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blzrd said:
Airsoft Elite bbs are awesome.

I only use the walmart bbs cause they are cheap and I use my p90 like a support gun spitting out 28 bbs per second. they aren't the cheap flying colors crap, they are crossman .20 and they are actually pretty decent for my application.

No!!! Airsoft Elite bbs SUCK!

My AK shoots them fine (cuz its an AK) but my friends MP5 and M16 wont fire them. There are imperfections on the bbs which ruins it for some guns.

Excel owns all.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
brucelee said:
My AK shoots them fine (cuz its an AK) <snip> Excel owns all.
I agree with both of those statements. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
about airsoft elite bb's. im planing to get this G&G gr16 for 420 along with a charger and battery in a package and in the package it comes with airsoft elite bb's. and i dont know if i should use them because i went to AEX 1 time and they said only to use toytech and excell. they said the ohter ones ruin the piston or something. so i dont know if i should use them

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
AEX isn't telling you this stuff because they hate Airsoft Elite bb's or they are trying to sell you something they make more money on. AEX sells those specific bb's so you don't have problems with your guns. I've been in the store on many ocassions to see kids come in with their guns that stopped shooting... Simply due to using bad bb's.

I stay away from Airsoft Elite bb's for 1 simple reason. Airsoft Elite = ICS in the US. If you know anything about the qulaity, or lack of it with ICS products, then you can make the related assumption that maybe they aren't testing their other products the same way.

My personal picks for bb's I've used:

Japanese Brands:
Excel
Excel Real Biodegradeables
Tokyo Marui
Tokyo Marui Superior Grade
Stright-Digicon
Marushin 8mm
Maruzen APS Grand Masters

Chinese Brands:
Toytec

US Brands:
Tsunami
Tsunami Black

So far i've had no problems with any of the above brands.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ORCA said:
AEX isn't telling you this stuff because they hate Airsoft Elite bb's or they are trying to sell you something they make more money on. AEX sells those specific bb's so you don't have problems with your guns. I've been in the store on many ocassions to see kids come in with their guns that stopped shooting... Simply due to using bad bb's.

I stay away from Airsoft Elite bb's for 1 simple reason. Airsoft Elite = ICS in the US. If you know anything about the qulaity, or lack of it with ICS products, then you can make the related assumption that maybe they aren't testing their other products the same way.

My personal picks for bb's I've used:

Japanese Brands:
Excel
Excel Real Biodegradeables
Tokyo Marui
Tokyo Marui Superior Grade
Stright-Digicon
Marushin 8mm
Maruzen APS Grand Masters

Chinese Brands:
Toytec

US Brands:
Tsunami
Tsunami Black

So far i've had no problems with any of the above brands.

W3rd. This man knows what he's talking about. Stick with Excel, best bbs ever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts