Gun Forums banner

Rifle or Pistols?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I like pistols and their purpose, I have to say that I'm a rifle man, through and through. Something about taking a target out at a long distance with supurb accuracy... not to mention the high power of the bullet and capacity makes me hot.

So, I am proudly a rifle man.

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
1,099 Posts
I am also a rifle man myself.
I would like to post a pic of my PSS, but I haven't figured out how(but then again I haven't really tried all that hard).

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You haven't figured out how to post a picture?

All you do is upload the picture to the internet somehow... For example, we'll use this picture URL:

http://www.safradin.com/Glockshovel/Shovel 011.jpg

So that's the URL.

In order for it to appear as a picture, you add
right after the picture.

So it looks like this

(You have to "quote" me to see the code in all of its glory)

And thats it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Rifle... Rifle. Oh, and did I mention rifle? Although I've never actually fired a true rifle (the closest I've gotten so far is my shotgun), there's just something about a pistol I don't like. They're just too... small.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I am a pistol shooter. I like the speed and movement of IPSC style shooting

but I am chomping at the bit for my first 3 gun competition

so I guess I'm just a shooter that like to shoot whatever

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Im all rifle here.... I like the feel of the more compact rifles but I would take a rifle over any handgun anyday.

·
Registered
724 Posts
A rifle gives you the ability to engage targets for point blank to 1000+ yards. It's even beter when you have live targets. Totally rush when you roll off the recoil and see the bullet impact through the scope :twisted:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pistols just appeal to me as "cooler". Though I don't actually own one or shot them as frequently as rifles. So maybe after some real experience I'd feel differently.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm through and through a rilfeman. Trained to shoot 500 yards, and can put it in their head if they're sitting still at that range with iron sights.

I love my Glock, but give me an M-16 any day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I brought rifles and pistols to the Blast-a-thon last weekend. At the end of the day though, I had spend all my time gonging beer kegs at 600 yards with my various toys, and had not evern touched my pistols.

Zach

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
All of the above, plus shotguns too.
I don't prefer either or any as they all are fun to use and go boom.

As for serious world though I'd take whatever works with the rifle ahead of a pistol or shotty only because it's most flexible.

- Janq

·
Registered
442 Posts
Rifle man, all the way. I do enjoy shooting pistols, but I'm more comfortable with a rifle. Oh, what game do you have in the Super Nintendo in that picture, Mr. Head Gun?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I cant tell whats IN the SNES but it looks like there is a black cartridge on the SNES, which could only be one game.... Killer Instinct.

I zoomed in....

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is a tough call for me. I prefer target shooting with rifles (and I'm better at it), but I enjoy the mechanics/engineering of my pistols more. Sometimes, I'll take out one of my pistols, fully disassemble it, clean everything, amd reassemble it even though it wasn't dirty to begin with. I do this purely to enjoy the engineering of the internal workings. Rifles on the other hand are usually less complex and no fun when at home. At the range though, they are def. the clear winner.

-Chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
i used to favor pistols, since i wanted to hone self/home defense skills. but, once i started getting serious with rifles and outdoor shooting, the pistols rarely make it out of the house now.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nose Nuggets said:
I cant tell whats IN the SNES but it looks like there is a black cartridge on the SNES, which could only be one game.... Killer Instinct.

I zoomed in....
Wrong!

Zelda: Link to the past. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts