Gun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we already have other topics on what you want adn woudl like to have, sound off if you have had a any buys that you regret adn why.

I'll start:

KJW USP Tactical

I had to get a KJW at least once for the price. $80 for a GBB was hard to resist. There really wasn nothiNG "wrong" with thE gun except for overall quality. It performed OK rather low on the FPS and the trigger pull felt like I was grinding metal each time. Luckily I was able to Ebay it.

Hudson Jerhico -941

In my defense I'm a fan of Cowboy Bebop and they use this gun. BUT I've just had bad luck with any airsoft made by Hudson. The gun as a non functioning model is great. In this particular case the first magazine started leaking when filled with the weaker HFC134a Gas. Then I bought a replacement magazine and that leaked as well... ($40.00 down the drain on tope of the orig gun price of about $160.00) The hopup does not function and the and when you fire the gun bb's travel about 10 feet out then straight down. Beware of Hudson.

Maruzen APS2 SV
Regretable buy due to my upgrading, Stock weapon is great

My biggest gripe with the SV is it has a fixed hopup. I also upgraded it with a CA gas cylinder which broke about 2 week after install, and then I upgraded back to a 300% spring cylinder set. The prob with the fixed hopup is the only way to adjust it is by using heavier bb's. With .20's a I shot 600+fps, but because of the fixed hopup the bbs woudl travel outm then straight up. I ended up having to use .43 bb's whcih helped a bit. The other prob was after teh 300% spring was added, it was dificult to cock the gun w/o pulling your scope off tarrget. It became a backyard plinker at best. Luckily it found a new home. There is nothing wrong with the stock rifle,in this case you jsut need to be careful of how/why you would upgrade it. Newer APS2 series rifle have adjsutable hopup, so you won;t have these probs.

Tokyo Marui SPAS 12 with metal folding stock
Regretable buy due to my upgrading, Stock weapon is great

Well I bought this broken, that was prob 1, but the price was great. I lucked out and found all the replacement parts to fix at a Hong kong airsoft store. And I had the "bright idea" of installing the most powerful spring I could for a TM Spas12. It was a PDI 180% i ended up installing and it definetly is the hardest shooting TM Shotgun i've ever seen... It's now also the hardest TM Shotgun to pump. So much so it is no fun to shoot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a used ksc 1911 from some guy in california. it turned out all the mags leaked and the gass just didn't have enough power. If it would even have enough to push the slide all the way back, it would only propel the bb like 10 ft. cost me $40. so not a terrible loss, but still that could have bought me 20,000 bbs.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Anything from the retailer "Jungletoy"? ;) Ok, more specific...

TM Sig 552 Seals -

As has been my standard experience with the above mentioned retailer, this gun was only semi-functional out of the box, it had serious feeding problems at first, then it continued to get worse the more I tried to use it. It's currently sitting on the floor, waiting for me to take it apart. ;) (As a side note, I've heard many stories on how great of guns these are, but they're a pain to work on, so I assume I just got a lemon)

KJW (I think? I can never keep KJW and KWC straight, for some reason...) USP P8 -

Basically the same as mention for the USP Tactical above, overall, a poorly made gun. But then again, I wasn't expecting a whole lot for $80-90. :/

KWC/Cybergun Desert Eagle (the two-tone metal slide with CO2 extended mags) - Yet another problem ridden purchase from Jungletoy, this gun has never worked properly, although with many hours of trying to fix it with no real experience or tools at all, it's getting better. ;) Right now, it seems that the only problem is that [technical explanation with no actual technical knowledge] the spring used to recock it and cycle the hammer is either broken, missing, or otherwise unfunctional [end technical explanation], because it fires fine, for the first shot, but then the hammer doesn't work. I'll take it back apart again some day to see if I can fix it. :D

WE-Tech Hi-Capa 5.1 (original version) -

Really, there's nothing wrong with this gun other than a leaky mag, except for an apperently well-documented problem that, if you have a little knowledge about fixing guns (which I don't) is quite easy to fix. Something about a loose o-ring or something... I only regret buying it because I can't get it fixed. ;) Supposedly, that problem has been fixed in the later versions.

I also regret buying all of my other airsoft guns and accessories because if I hadn't bought them, I would have a car by now, probably. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Scirion said:

TM Sig 552 Seals -
I bought my TM Sig 552 from Jungletoy and have had zero problems with it. The only downside to the gun was lack of battery space. For that reason I didn't like my gun. I have since relocated the battery to the stock and I love it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ish said:
Scirion said:

TM Sig 552 Seals -
I bought my TM Sig 552 from Jungletoy and have had zero problems with it. The only downside to the gun was lack of battery space. For that reason I didn't like my gun. I have since relocated the battery to the stock and I love it now.
I was looking at getting a 552. How did you get the battery in the stock? thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ICS MP5A4. $250 and broke the 3rd day that I had it, got it fixed, but still doesn't work right and has terrible accuracy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
any ICS guns ...basicly because there virtually unupgradeable.but i've got a few friends who have them(stock)and they work fine.and TM FA-MAS F1 (unupgradeable) :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well P90

I bought a WELL P-90 from Jungletoy that gets a whopping 90FPS on a fresh battery with 0.20g BB's. It has plastic internals that are effectively un-upgradable. It was only $40 (including a little springer 93R), but I kinda wished I'd saved my money and gotten a couple of more mags for my wicked sweet KSC M9.[/b]

·
Registered
16 Posts
i regret getting...

i regret getting...
A boys M4A1(EBAY)
A stinger S30 shotgun(big 5)
A spring sig P2226(big 5)
A spring desert eagle(big 5)
A spring walther P99(big 5)
A spring powered revolver(some guy)
A gas powered miniature pistol(some guy)

Heck the only gun I don't regret buying are my...
CA M15A4(AEX)
KWA Glock 18c(AEX)
Tokyo Marui MP5k(AEX)
My sniper rifle(big 5) Although it's powered by little shells(i lost all of em!)
my co2 pistol from big 5 actually I'd prefer co2 over green gas any day!!!

Well thats my arsenal in a nut shell... but I only have a few gun left that aren't broken...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I regret buying three guns

Ok when i was new to airsoft i bought a sniper for 15 dollars (well it last me one war then the barrel broke off. The i got a shotgun (for like 25 buck) one shot and it was dead and i e-mail the company but they never replied ( @$$-holes ) then i traded this crap spring pistol for a gay one that shoots sideways (thanks to dogs). Yea so the lesson here, SPEND OVER 50 BUCKS ON EVERY GUN or its a rip

Yea i agree i got a CO2 pistol from big five OH MY GOD! its so acurate and gets 200-250 shots per CO2 and get nice FPS ( over 350)

·
Registered
16 Posts
co2 pistol....

yeah... its too bad that my friend borrowed it, and then lost it. Hell I love that thing more than my glock... cept the glock can go full auto!

·
Registered
6 Posts
A gun that i regreted buying was my TM Sig P226. Broke 2 times on me and its been in the shop for 5 months still not fixed. I eventually got so bored of waiting so long i bought a glock 19 and thats been shootin very well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yo reconsgt

YO ReconSGT!!!! what about yor spring desert eagle and mini mp5????? Oh and my spring sig p226 was actually preety good and accurate (kinda slow)...but it was also made very cheaply. Oh and how do u get a picture on the left side of the screen.... exscuse me i'm a noob to forums...

·
Registered
6 Posts
O YA!!!! I remember those! Those SUCK!!!! o and u go to ur profile screen and u see the thing that says AVATAR and u can upload a pic from the internet or off ur com. But it has to be 100x100 pixles or less and can be only 458kb or somtin like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mabober thing

alright thanks i had no clue how to get a picture. but i still won't bcuz i am really lazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts