Gun Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you guys who have been around airsoft for a bit know Western Arms and high quality replicas of Berettas and 1911 style handguns.

For you guys who don't know, Western Arms (WA) are the high end of the airsoft pistol world. These are the guns you use for International Practical Shooting Confederation/Airsoft matches and are the most accurate replicas even w/o metal slides.

This being said, WA has been the "Gucci Gun" to get of all airsoft handguns. A few years ago their top of the line guns were being called, SCW's for Shibuya Custom Works (Their main shop is in Shibuya, Japan). Each generation of SCW had visual and performance improvements over the previous year. But with all this high quality comes a stiff price tag. The WA line used to hover arond the $200.00 price range.

BUT! WA just introduced their SCW version 3, Magnatech line. What makes this line so special is the base guns came down in price to around the $120.00 range. But with the price decrease, you noticeably see the quality/performance decrease from previous WA's. The obvious advantage is the lower price, but these new versions cannot compare in quality or performance to their predecessors.

What's makes this even worse is WA still makes a "premium" line that costs around the $200.00 mark again, but based on these cheaper guns. The end result is a waste of $200.00. The following is a review I posted of the WA Sig Arms/GSR:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/443/sort/2/cat/17/page/1

So bottoms lines are, if you want to buy a WA 1911, looks for an Orginal, SCW or SCW2 version. The SCW3's are just not worth the money right now. You'd be much better off with KSC or Tokyo Marui for a 1911 GBB replica.

I hope this was just a short experiement for WA and their next versions come back up to their usual quality adn performance standards.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
white boy said:
ORCA have u had any problems with your Western Arms 1911 the newest model
I've had no probs with any of my WA's. They all shoot green gas just fine and the plastic slides show no signs of wear. Keep in mind all my WA's are SCW2 or earlier. The SCW3 I had I only owned for about 10 minutes... (Yes I was that disappointed...)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
yeah i love my WA 92FS. its the most accurate 92FS airsoft gun to date. im not even that cought up on the fact that i spent almost as much on it, as i did my CA M15.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts