Gun Forums banner

Waving Kitty

5K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  ORCA 
#1 ·
I've always been a big fan of firearms. I like looking at them, I like watching them being shot, and most of all, I like shooting them. My parents didn't believe in guns in the house, so I was completely unexposed to firearms except for movies and video games. For my best friend's 18th birthday, his dad took him, myself, and another friend to a gun range which rented out SMGs. I had shot air rifles before, so I had a general idea of how to aim etc. It was at this point in time that I fired my first gun, an Uzi. It was alright, but not nearly as cool as the MP5 I got to shoot afterwards. We finished off the day shooting a Model 1911 (.45 of course, as all 1911s should be IMO). Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

It was only a matter of time before I ended up with my own firearm. I've always been a fan of rifles. I like the way they're held; I like accuracy and long range. I don't mind a kick. In fact, I take great enjoyment from it. I was thoroughly disappointed the first time I fired a .22. It felt just like the air rifle I fired when I was 14. Sure, a .22 might be fun for plinking cans, but I want something that does justice to the term "firearm". Well, in talking to some friends I finally found a decent price for my favorite rifle of all time, which indeed meets all my criteria (basically being that it fires a decent sized round). So tomorrow I'm sending out my order form, and I look forward to joining in the ranks of those exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

So what rifle am I getting? Guess.
First clue: It's not a .22 (duh), and it's very well-known.

See less See more
#27 ·
Camp Perry(where CMP is located) is about an hours drive away I wonder if I can order one but instead of having it shipped, I can go pick it up. I really didn't know any type of M1 could be had for less than 800 dollars. the field grade looks appealing in price, but will it even shoot decent groups?

#28 ·
Yes both CMP locations have "walk-in" stores andif all yourpaperwork is in order, I'm sure you can just carry (not sure if your state has a waiting period though).

http://www.odcmp.com/StoreOH.htm

My Rack Grade 03 shoots just fine. The stock isn't in the nicest, but I got it for $350.00. My friends who own Rack and Field grade Garands shoot fine as well. Appearence wise they both look great and far exceeded expectations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.