Gun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a big fan of firearms. I like looking at them, I like watching them being shot, and most of all, I like shooting them. My parents didn't believe in guns in the house, so I was completely unexposed to firearms except for movies and video games. For my best friend's 18th birthday, his dad took him, myself, and another friend to a gun range which rented out SMGs. I had shot air rifles before, so I had a general idea of how to aim etc. It was at this point in time that I fired my first gun, an Uzi. It was alright, but not nearly as cool as the MP5 I got to shoot afterwards. We finished off the day shooting a Model 1911 (.45 of course, as all 1911s should be IMO). Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

It was only a matter of time before I ended up with my own firearm. I've always been a fan of rifles. I like the way they're held; I like accuracy and long range. I don't mind a kick. In fact, I take great enjoyment from it. I was thoroughly disappointed the first time I fired a .22. It felt just like the air rifle I fired when I was 14. Sure, a .22 might be fun for plinking cans, but I want something that does justice to the term "firearm". Well, in talking to some friends I finally found a decent price for my favorite rifle of all time, which indeed meets all my criteria (basically being that it fires a decent sized round). So tomorrow I'm sending out my order form, and I look forward to joining in the ranks of those exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

So what rifle am I getting? Guess.
First clue: It's not a .22 (duh), and it's very well-known.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fatcat said:
Ding! Wow, that was quick. Took my friends a lot longer to guess, and I know that I've told them it's my favorite rifle. I'll post pics when it comes in. 60-90 days for processing. :( The price is great though!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Welcome to gunatics Prod! :)

Fantabulous first rifle by the way. I still really really want one.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
You can buy direct from the CMP Nugs. Even though CMP downplays the quality of certain grades, everyone of the CMP guns I've seen in person has exceeded what we though the grade was going to be.

Yes I would recommend the CMP too. Once all my paperwork was in order. Had the rifle within 2 days.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ORCA said:
You can buy direct from the CMP Nugs. Even though CMP downplays the quality of certain grades, everyone of the CMP guns I've seen in person has exceeded what we though the grade was going to be.

Yes I would recommend the CMP too. Once all my paperwork was in order. Had the rifle within 2 days.
Did you pick it up from the actual store? The site say 60-90 days wait time. Though I suppose that might be because they have to get the rifles from somewhere else.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered a Service grade. I'm not looking for some super awesome collectible. I want something that I can shoot and I won't feel bad about giving it abuse.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excuse the messy room.

Open the box

Hey, it matches the floor!

Where's that ammo?

Obligatory "In Case of Zombies" pic.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts