Gun Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the UTG Master Sniper Spring Rifle a good airsoft gun to start with? Just to let you guys know, I would want to know more about this gun if its good or not and any other reccomendation for another gun.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Woah posted in wrong Newbie Section LOL! It be moved and titled more descriptively

It's UTG. You get what you pay for. It's cheap but also not that many 3rd party upgrades. Are you really looking for a spring sniper? Maruzen APS2 series has the most internal/external upgrades by far (This includes the Type 96). The Tokyo Marui VSR-10 series is also great spring sniper series with tons of aftermarket upgrades. It's more affordable then the Maruzen series, but can be upgraded to the high level fps or the maruzen line.

You just gonna use this for backyard plinking? or for actual skirmishing? Do you own an AEG or GBB yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I do intend to use the airsoft gun in the backyard and for skirmishes. I've only shot one of my friends pistols at my first airsoft war, and I was thinking I should get an airsoft gun myself... The prices are high though and I am not looking for anything upgradeable. $100.00 is my spending limit and the Sniper rifle is perfect because it really appeals to me =). I would really like a Tokyo-Marui, but they are so expensive! I'am not really a collector's person, but this gun is perfect and is cheap. This seems like the gun that would actually last a long time(2-4 years?) and would put dents in my friends =). Oh, and sorry about the wrong post! Guess I really am a newbie LOL!!! One more thing, I was also thinking of the Well G3A3 SAS AEG Electric Airsoft Rifle and the Well M4 A1 Airsoft Electric Rifle AEG. Both are the same price as the Master Sniper Rifle, but is the FPS true??? That is all I am worried about because my friend has an XM8 that he bought from Airsplat and It does not even come close to shooting 370 FPS, according to him. So out of the 3, which one is better? Or, do you have other ideas in store for the same price?? Still though, keep your mind on the Sniper Rifle =)

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The downside is on UTG, WELL, CYMA, Be and the other cheapsoft brands, when they give fps values, it's sometimes based on .12 or .15 bb's. These are what we consider to be LPEG's (low powered electric guns ) instead of a true AEG's. The low price, also equals low reliabilty and few places will repair these manufacturers guns. So for the price these are considered "throw aways" once they break.

For longer range accuracy you want to be shooting .20-.25's at least. The heavier the BB the lower the fps though.

As far as the specific WELL LPEGS you are asking about, they are pretty much the same with dif bodies.

I wouldn't say you's get a 2 year life out of a UTG Spring gun either, but it's all about how much you are willing to pay. The more expensive sprong snipers may not last 1-2 years depending on usage, but they are easy to repair/upgrade.

But even I started out in 1999 with the cheaper spring pistols/smgs and graduated to more reliable stuff as I spent more money.

Only advice I have if you get the UTG Spring Sniper is, if your opponents all have electric rilfes, you will be shot alot. Spring sniper rifles, while they have a slight distance advantage, cannot compete against the full auto of an electric gun due to ROF (Rate of fire).

I think the peeps you should double check with are the one you will be skirmishing with. You'll be able to gauge what you should get based upon what your opponents have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I suggest going to 120 dallers and going for a nice TM GBB. Those can compete with AEG's much better then spring rifles. You must have deadly acuracy to use a spring gun. If you miss, your prob ganna get hit alot depending on what gun. Atleast with a GBB u have Semi Auto, mabey even Full auto depending on the gun. They are also most likley more reliable. I have gone in just with a Ruger and hit people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok i was pretty iffi about it but i baught it about 2 months ago its fantastic when using .28s, yeah its cheap but great accuracy and its not that loud and it till hurts at 120 ft. Sure its $100 but its of great quality and it comes with a steel weaver bipod and the leapers scope costs $40, and yes it actualy is upgradeable out the box the FPS is 320, and a spring upgrade only cost me $30 and now it shoots 375-380. all accesories must have weaver rail sized clamps. like i said fantastic for a $100 gun the only plastic is the stock wich is a very sollid ABS plastic. hopped that helped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh and about WELL there stuff breaks all the time and there warrenty sucks i tried to send back an M4 and they wouldnt replace it and i oly had it for 3 weeks, they said it was my fault, and there warrenty only covers for difective parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh yea forgot to add. Airsplat lies about their FPS just to sell guns, anything under $100 usualy will shoot low to mid 200s. try shortyusa thats where i buy all my stuff and all items have reviews.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks so much for all your guys help! Well i did find the same gun for cheaper on Hobbytron.com. Will that help at all??? So is this Sniper gun the real deal??? Thanks for all your guys help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, One more question. If I bought this at a store, like Airsoft Extreme, would I get all the accesories included for the same price like shown on shortyusa.com? Will the price be lower than shortyusa or higher than shortyusa?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Airsoft Extreme doesn't sell these. That should help answer your question..

Just FYI there's a few manufacturers Airsoft Extreme doesn't sell, repair or upgrade due to reliability problems. AEX offers 45 day warranties on everything they sell, they had to stop selling brands like ICS due to reliabilty. This carries onto the cheapsoft brands.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The thing to do is add to the cart everything u want with ur gun the press check out and see the price, the go to another site and do the same thing till u find the cheaper site, oh and on shortyusa, if u register they have the arms room specials and the M324 is usualy in there for $84. my total for the M324 $84, Leapers 4x32 mill dot scope $45, spare mags $8 was only $137. Plus i picked up a pistol clip holder witch is on the butt stock and another sling cause the 1 that comes with it is really itchey on the neck and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"oh and on shortyusa, if u register they have the arms room specials and the M324 is usualy in there for $84. my total for the M324 $84, Leapers 4x32 mill dot scope $45, spare mags $8 was only $137" - Mr.Black

So, if you register, you MAY get the M324 in the Arms room specials(?) and it will USUALLY be in there for $84. Is the Arms room specials the place where you click "special" on the shortyusa website, or some other place where you can click when you're registered? Oh and everything that you bought with it was only $137 with shipping and taxes?

Oh and I probably have to order this gun through someone like my friends or something because I'm only 13, and my father won't let me get the fricking gun. Plus I'm still saving up for the gun, let alone the scope, gun lube, weaver rings, taxes, and finally shipping and handling. So probably by the end of November(Birthday) I could save enough and order though someone else. My father hates useing credit cards because it's "UNSAFE" and really soon (hopefully not) he will probably cancel all his credit cards.You know guys and gals, life is not easy living a limited life and I'm sure many teens are going through this. Well if you guys could answer a few more of my future questions, that would be great! Thanks everyone for everthing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My parrents were like that at first. I was lucky and my freinds were into it and they let me barrow a gun. IT took them 1 year to get them used to the idea of having a gun. But think of it like Hardcore Lazer tag

·
Registered
19 Posts
The scopes on shortyusa come with scope rings. and when u register, when u log in, under ur name there will be a big box that says the arms room click on it. the M324 is in there right now for 89 bucks and yea i know ur saving up, itll be in there for a while dont worry, the specials change every day and so far every 4 days the M324 has been in there, and the color changes as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh yea and about the total it was $171.93 with tax and over night shipping. and about the lube, DONT LUBE THIS GUN with a watery lube ull screw up ur accuracy very bad. Buy a PUS lubricant thats thick it works great, like a paint ball gun lube. i would suggest using a watery lube for the bolt for the first 200 shots to break in the spring and smooth it out, but after that dont use anny. the only reason i say PUS lubricant is for after u clean the barrel put some on the cleaning rod cloth and reclean and lub the barrel. the BBs will fly with superb accuracy once u take a shot or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, on shortyusa, don't they sell the brand lube there? Oh and could I get some pics on where to lube on the M342? I am kinda lost here on where to lube up :?

Oh, and what kind and what weight should I use for the M324? I'm planning to use the gun for about 100-140 ft without any drop the bb's and more accuracy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok for lubing,the fake ejection port, pull the bolt back to cock it and put a couple of drops on there and slide it back and forth a few times, itll get smother in time. and the gun comes with a cleaning rod but no cloth so use a napkin or paper towel, rip a piece off and add a litle lube on the paper and run the rod down the barrel to lube it( remember this is optional, works fine without this proccess). and as far as BBs use the PHX 28.s, they dont drop that much and are fantastic and 2. and 25. BBs arent that accurate, but they work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.