Gun Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
white boy said:
Q for ORCA : o airsoft god ORCA i' am trying to decide between the star FNC and the TM type 89R i need a little help.plz.
LOL well for now there is no real comparison... The Tokyo Marui Type 89 is shippping and the Star FNC is not yet. To be even less helpful to you wb, I'll probably order teh FNC when it releases as well. Just can't get enough of 70'd-80's circa assault weapons .

I will garuntee you that the TM Type 89 will always have more upgrades/accessories available then the Star FNC, just for the fact it's TM.

So until the Star FNC ships I'd suggest the Type 89.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok thanks i was wondering if anybody was doin upgrades ,and where to buy from, and do you know if a top M4 drum mag will fit in the type 89R?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah no new news on the Star FNC's since my orig post. Just alot of guessing on Arnie's as usal. VFC is jumping into the FNC bandwagon, but have officailly given a 2007 release date (If the FNC goes into production, it now makes sense they will develop a SCAR for production)

Hehe you didn't read the review I guess ;)

All m16 style mags work no prob on the Type 89. The Type 89 mags will not work in Armalite style AEG though.

I bought my Type 89 from Den Trinity, www.dentrinityshop.com. AEX should have stock soon if you don't wanna mess with int'l shipping.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I thought VFC was doing the FAL? o.0 (Yeah, kinda random, but now I'm curious)

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/VFC_News(E).htm

Look at the bottom silhouette. I'm still waiting on my MK43... Have had that on preo-order since Feb...

Not sure if VFC ever announces an FAL or FNC before. King Arms is taking preorders on their FAL kit. though.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Oh yeah... I keep getting them confused. It was the King Arms kit I was thinking of... *is starting to wish he hadn't just sold his 552*

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
W00T! Fresh shipment from Hong Kong today.

The first set up accessories for the TM Type 89.

Scope Mount and Left Side Selector Switch

This was my first order from a place in Hong Kong called Guys n Guns. FYI their website is on the crappy side, you need to ask if they will accept paypal and all the prices on their site are in Hong Kong Dollars. But the Hong Kong Dollars part works out great for us in the US due to the strong exchange rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts