Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to the world of Airsoft, and a little ambitious, I wanted to get some feedback on my recent order:

Tokyo Marui - M733

Upgrades: Systema M120 spring
Systema Metal Bushings
Systema Standard ratio flat gears
Guarder polycarb piston
Polycarb piston head w/ bearing
Spring guide rod w/ bearing

As advertised, this upgrade is intended on increasing the fps to 415fps, using .20bbs.

Is this accurate and will I appreciate the equipment?

Looking for feedback from those who own this AEG.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
nice purchase. i probably would have gone with the CA m15 series. you would have had close to the same quality bushings, but a full metal receiver, a one part barrel instead of two, and stil be shooting in the 400fps arena. what you would have been lacking is the Systema gears and upgraded piston. although the stock CA is nothing short of excellent.

overall i think you will be happy with your purchase. TM makes very high quality gear, and with all your upgrades you should see few mechanical issues with regular cleaning and proper usage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice purchase. i probably would have gone with the CA m15 series. you would have had close to the same quality bushings, but a full metal receiver.
By indicating a full metal receiver, are you talking about the body kit?

If so, I also had the supplier install the Hurricane M733 MBK.

Once again, new to this, please be kind.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
The receiver is the large box section the trigger assembly is mounted to. M16/m4/m15/m733 etc etc are usually broken into an upper receiver, and a lower receiver. the upper receiver is above the seem, where the rifle comes apart into two large pieces.

If you got the full metal receiver assembly as well as all your other mods, I would presume you have spared no expense. That being the case, I would HIGHLY suggest you replace the factory two part barrel assembly. After about four or five good long games you will start to notice some wobble.

It sounds like you have a nice gun coming together. You might want to invest is some other tactical gear as well, and perhaps a sidearm. Where are you planning on playing? Will it be indoor or outdoor? How long is each game? These sorts of things will determine the majority of additional “tactical” gear you will buy. If any.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What manufacturer and barrel assembly do you suggest?

Thanks again for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The M733 comes with a "newer generation" aluminum outer barrel already then the orig TM Armalites. The barrel wobble comes from the connection joint between the body and the outer barrel which was improved upon from the gen1 M4 series. Only draw back I see is you'll be stuck using M733 forend cosmetics since the M733 foregrip is about 1/4 inch shorter then the M4.

Good reviews here:
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/m733.asp
& here.
http://www.airsoftplayers.com/m733/m733_1.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts