1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
OMG!!1!....Unpossible!
He made that shit up!!!
The CDC has an agenda!!

Freaking Googleeeezors!1

Dude man just before coming to this site and seeing your link first upon coming here I read the following quote at ABCNews.com;

Today at ABCNews.com

Driving Danger: Beware of Flying Objects
Metal Pipe Smashes Through Windshield, Nearly Kills Woman

March 24, 2007 — A Utah woman is fighting for her life this morning after a metal pipe smashed through her windshield and into her face as she drove down the highway.

Brenda Shaw was driving down a Utah interstate when, without warning, an eight-foot metal pipe reportedly kicked up by the car in front of her came flying through her windshield.

"The bar penetrated just left of the nose through the cheekbone and it came out through just below the base of the skull," said Shaw's husband, Kelly Shaw.

Incredibly, she survived, but others haven't been so fortunate.

In 1998, a metal bar on the Long Island Expressway flew through the windshield of "All the President's Men" director Alan Pakula, killing him.

Any debris, whether it's a screw or a large pipe or a mattress, can be a road hazard — and these seemingly freak accidents are actually a growing highway menace.

"There are about 25,000 crashes a year attributed to vehicle road debris," AAA spokeswoman Michele Mount said.

Fifteen years ago, it was about half that number — and according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, roadway debris contributed to the deaths of 91 people in 2005...

The article can be found at http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=2978569
Now wait a minute...TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND ACCIDENTS PER YEAR DUE TO ROAD DEBRIS...AND NINETY ONE PEOPLE DEAD!
I myself have fallen victim to this twice in the time I've been licensed to operate a motor vehicle.

Where are the laws and national Rosie O'Donnell mobilization of street sweepers?!1

- Janq

P.S. - Bruce if you haven't already you might post this in the OT Gun Nuts thread of old that I used to continually bump with firearm facts, statistics, and applied CCW incidents. Myself I'm forwarding this to my wife, 'Pollyanna', we gotta go out and get us all welders face shields and lace up a tennis net behind the windshield to catch flying road debris and protect our faces from zee flying killuh screws!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
i was thinking earlier - just cause its on tv doesnt make it true! LOL :)

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Hah! At just the right time, I already know who im going to send this video to!

Blown away to see this on ABC news...

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
ABC News and John Stossel rock...I luv those guys!

- Rosie O'Donnell goes out half-cocked and then shoots her mouth off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts