Gun Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've opted out of the m1 grand kit for now but i'm not looking for a 249/60/MAG ect.or an m16 w/ a box mag but more looking for something different even though there common an ak with the 3000 rd drum mags are cool but give me any ideas and pics if possible.i've got around 600 to spend so not a big cash deal here.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
600 doesn't buy you much for a support weapon proper. Drum/Box mags galore found at AEX (Make sure you get an Electric motorized 1 with a remote switch):

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=83_84_89

The cheapest proper support weapon I seen are:

TOP M60 Std. est $650.00. Internally they aren't very good. It uses an air bellows ssytem rather then a more modern gearbox. (Same prob with the TOP M249 series). Will cost you about $600.00 to upgrade to a modern day gearbox setup.

Star M249. est $650.00. Great price for a 249. Plastic gearbox, but I haven't seen 1 get returned yet. You need to use Star box mags since they carry the AEG battery.

Star L86A2. est $750.00. Also a plastic gearbox, but also haven't seen any come back due to gearbox probs. This is the British armys Light Machine Gun based on the L85.

Terry... It's Garand not Grand. Named after John Garand who designed it. Read more about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garand

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Or, do what my brother is anticipating doing in the next few months... Build a proper MG36. ;) (Not to be confused with the one in Battlefield 2, which is NOT a proper MG36.)

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Well I wouldn't call adding a bipod and drum mag to an assault rifle a "proper" support weapon. You might as well have mentioned the AUG HBAR, RPK or HK LMG-21 which in the airsoft world are only bolt-on's to a stock AEG.

Only reason I listed the L86 is on the list is 1 due to price and it's a complete AEG in an LMG config.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i owned a star l85 and the only thing is that there heavy , and i dont want 60's 249's the only real heavy support i would want is the MAG and no body makes one so somethin cool but out of the ordinary

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The L86 is even heavier.

So just add a box mag and bipod to your favorite assault rifle.

There's also the Shrike and Stoner LMG kits based on a M4/M16.

There were 2 small garage shops in Japan making M240 (FN MAG) kits for the TOP M249 series. But if you don't want the heaviness of the 249 the 240 will even be heavier. Plus you'd have to gut them and replace the internals as stated above.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well considering the MG36 IS the LMG version of the G36, and that's all that's really added to it is the bipod and C-Mag... I'd call it a proper support weapon, thank you very much. :p

<--- Not in a good mood, cannot be held responsible for his actions on this forum at this time.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Why does any questions about Support Weapons go absolutly no where here...

As in this earlier post...

http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610

Between the 2 posts... geez... Guys.. Please do a little research and ask more specifc questions about what your interested in. (i.e. if you know you don't want an M249 or M60 but want a support LMG figure out what you want if you want info on something that exists)

Anyway topic locked...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.