Gun Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you guys yours in the Bay Area and how much can i expect to spend?

Is it legal to add a bipod to the compact forend?

When are you Bay Area guys going to go shooting next, i'd love to tag along and try one if you don't mind (Dan, Chris, etc) ?

Any other advice you give me about the SU-16CA is much appreciated.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
I got mine from City Arms in Pacifica for around $500ish. I have the SU16B model however.

The best thing to do is to find a deal online and have them ship it to your local FFL (local gun shop). They usually charge something like $20, but its worth it if you find a good deal. City arms will accept guns from pretty much anywhere.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Yeah since the SU 16 tp modle si about 400 cost so you could get teh CA for 50 bucks cheaper atleast by doing it online.

If you have a dealer that uses this place you can order one and browse local prices at

Galleryofguns.com

Plus every gun from there has a lifetime warranty from the distributor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The problem with SU-16CAs isn't the price you pay, but being able to find one in stock. I tried a couple of online retailers, but all were out of stock with no ETA for new shipments. I found one at the local gun shop here (Antioch Armory) for $600. That's about $50 more than what some go for online, but it was in stock and I didn't have to pay any shipping fees. They usually have at least one in stock there so if you can't find one online it may be worth your 30 minute drive.

Antioch Armory
712 W 2nd St.
Antioch, CA 94509
925-706-1442

I'm not sure when the next time I head to the range will be (at least not with my rifle) but the next time I know I'm gonna take it, you're more than welcome to tag along. My red dot got bumped, so I have to go re-sight it sometime soon anyway. PM your phone number (the phone I had your number in broke) and I'll give you a call if I go anytime soon.

-Chris

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Or you could just buy it through Adler (the guy two posts above), he's an FFL dealer and can ship to gun shops in CA. My next gun will be from Rob (Adler)

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
brucelee said:
Or you could just buy it through Adler (the guy two posts above), he's an FFL dealer and can ship to gun shops in CA. My next gun will be from Rob (Adler)
Atleast you wont get stuck with another Mosquito with me Daniel...I dont let people buy crapy guns from me..I just refuse to sell them.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
The SU 16 is in short supply..my main distributor is out as well. The friggin price went up on them to by 30 bucks or so. Used to be around 400 now its real close to 430.

Id say that if you really want the gun then the 50 bucks may be worth it if the gun continues to be in short supply.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yep I have on of the very first...mine was 430 and some change...I have #85

here is a pic of mine with the gay clear mag

·
Registered
196 Posts
As good as the A and B models are, I would suggest that you spring the extra for the CA if you can find one. You get a few extra features for not too much more money. If I remember correctly the CA changes to: A thicker Bull bbl that is parkerized, a dust cover for the bolt/action, a threaded bbl, true "pickatinny" spec accessory rail (others are close to pickatinny, but not quite spec), shaped plastic shroud on the charge handle (helpes deflect spent brass in a more uniform manner, and a true AR type front sight on the gas block (A has a lastic sight, B has an AR type on the tip of the bbl eliminating the possibility of threading the bbl.) None of these are major upgrades mind you (except maybe the Bull bbl) but just a progression on the original design. Think of it as the EVO IX vs. the EVO VIII. ;)

-Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts