Gun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dont have the patience to deal with the ammo BS so i went and picked up some fun C&R pieces (even though i'm not a licensed cruffler). Ammo is abundant, a little more expensive than .22 and fun to shoot with the muzzle blasts lighting up the range. The Romy i got from J&G for $200 and the CZ ($220) came from a fellow called Todd who runs Family Firearms and Finishes - a place that specializes in high quality C&R stuff. He supposedly tries to hand pick everything he sells and the CZ was quite nice.

CZ52

Romanian TT33

I added some Norinco Tokarev grips and a compensator i found online. Simple reversible mods that help enhance the shooting experience.

· Premium Member
7,388 Posts
I have the Chinese tok and like it. Congrats

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Servo, they're the ones. Todd is as nice as can be and will talk ur ear off if u let him.

Einzelherz, I also pine for a modern tok long gun of sorts. Ar upper, dedicated bolt, or maybe just a single shot T/C barrel. I've seen chamber adapters that will allow 30 mauser in a 308 or 7.62x39 but this may not be useful for anything semi auto or bolt since it will want to extract it every time. Good for the T/C but 30 mauser isn't exactly 7.62 tok when you get down to the specific dimensions.

http://www.mcace.com/adapters.htm

· Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Moved to the C&R thread, cuz it's been so inactive recently.

Yeah I've been shopping on CZ52's too.

einzelherz said:
too bad no one's gotten around to making an AR based .30 tok sub gun yet.

http://www.teppojutsu.com/Whats_New.htm said:
7.62 x 25 TOKAREV This old workhorse of the former ComBloc is coming back and why not. Before the advent of the .357 Magnum, this was THE most powerful pistol cartridge on the planet. Even today, it is used in countries such as the Czech republic and is known for its ability to penetrate various barriers. We are currently testing a gas operated AR-15 chambered in this little Russian gem. Already we have produced a number of AR-15 uppers using the Colt type blow back pistol system (shown on right) however, we felt gas operation offered some more options.

The trick to getting the Tokarev round to work in the AR-15 is the magazine. Several options exist or are being developed. As shown, the Ppsh43 magazine will fit in the mag well of the AR-15 but requires a custom mag well adapter. As of this writing, we are working on the CAD drawings for such an adapter and hope to be able to offer this soon along with our uppers. The second option is the use of modified AR-15 magazines with a shortened follower and spacer installed. We are using this option to test our gas operated system with custom loads that feature the 110 gr V-Max bullet at 1,700 fps as well as the 168 gr Sierra Match King bullet at subsonic velocity. These loads have remarkably little recoil, excellent energy compared to existing pistol rounds and offer tremendous flexibility. We use a slightly modified bolt and the MGI QCB upper is ideal for this type of set up.

A third option is either the MGI modular mag well lower, the Cavalry Arms MKII lower with the enlarged magazine well or the Tommy AR-15 lower with the adapter that allows the use of Ppsh41 (note 41) drums.
Nothing physically working though...

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Military gun supply has some Pee Pee Shah's in stock (PPSh41 and PPS43 and pistol) that are semi-auto repro's of the old subguns. But being subgun style, they're rather crude and more suited to plinking rather than precision target shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.