Gun Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to register tomorrow.

I'm sick of software crap, computer america, f' YOU!!!! I'm sick of it, I can't deal with it anymore. My parents hate the idea of me being a police officer, but its my life, I want to settle down and have a steady job that I like, not some stupid safe computer software job that makes me want to kill myself every day of the week.

I just want to start over.... And hear my cry, I want to be a cop, and I'm going to do it.

I'm putting myself through the academy, and hopefully I'll become a city cop here in Fremont if everything goes as planned.

I guess you need to be accepeted into the academy, they have like physical tests and crap, which Im sure I can handle.

Wish me luck fellow Gun addicts.

·
Registered
351 Posts
good luck with the academy
but you better hope you can get into the academy by june 5th
cause i turned in my app. on April 15th, and I don't even find out for sure if got in till June 1 cause all the back background checks and stuff, then after that comes the physical, psychological, and fitness tests

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye.

You're putting yourself through the sherriff acadamy in Dublin?

It's like $5,000 after uniforms and such.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind, I had you confused with someone else here in the bay area... ha ha ... You;re in Texas...

How does it work with you? Do you pay your own way and such?

·
Registered
351 Posts
you can pay your own way, or you can be sponsored, both of those are usually smaller academys at a community college, then there are big citys that have their own academys or share one with the neighboring town, i'm going self sponsored then getting on reserves where i go to college, then after i graduate see what kind of job they offer me, and decide if i'm going to stay there or go somewhere bigger

·
Registered
351 Posts
apply to some departments and you may get sponsored to their own academy, and that saves you the money of paying for it, and most likely you will get payed to go to it

·
Registered
191 Posts
carney said:
apply to some departments and you may get sponsored to their own academy, and that saves you the money of paying for it, and most likely you will get payed to go to it

very good advice here....I was going to sponser myself, but wound up getting hired first. worked out very well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
good luck bruce. keep in mind just because you go to the police academy does not mean that you are going to get hired man... i had a friend who went and didnt get picked up because the agencies werent hiring.. and when you graduate from the academy, you have one year, i know its a year in TN dont know in CA, to get picked up or you loose your certification to be a law enforcement officer. so make sure ya get on after ya get out, if that makes any sense... haha. Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

APPLY WITH THE CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL! they hire all the time and have been after me for months!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1 for the CHP, plus they just ordered some sweet new service pistols:

Send a PM to [email protected] on i-club. He's a local Sac area CHP officer and can give you the lowdown on what you need to do to apply.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
And a Glock isnt Blocky? I love the 3rd gen S&W autloaders. The 6906 and 4506 are great guns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts