Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Annihilator
Joined
·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

first I'd just like to thank all of you for being the mature folks (well, mature probably isn't the best word, ha ha) that I have come to know. You guys and gals are what make this message board so much different than the rest. We have a policy here, and that is to not censor peoples freedoms (that is in regards to guns and politics, so I don't want to see any tubgirl photos, etc. ;) ), to have a no-BS attitude towards each other, and no holier than thou overtones. Just because you know more about guns/cars/eggs/cabinets/etc doesn't mean you're better than anyone. So lets keep it that way.

I'd like to get some feedback from you guys and gals (mostly guys... I think we have like 2 gals) as to what could make this website better for you.


I already have plans on adding a new tactical gear forum, however, I'm having some technical difficulties with this latest version of vbb. Other than that, I like the way this place is... I like how close nit we are. What do you guys think?
 

·
Fanatical Feline
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
Let me be the first on here to thank you Bruce for haveing started all this. Haveing to deal with all the BS at the AR-15.com type sites is a thing I know alot of people are are trying to get away from now adays, I know I shook my head many a times at some of the comments on those sites.


As for complaints or suggestions I cant think of any as of now.

Scratch that... NEED BUMPER STICKERS!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
a tact-fact forum is a great idea


also - might be good to have a "training" forum

to keep everyone on their toes - we can learn from one another and keep each other pumped on continued firearms education


who knows - maybe a Gunatics sponsored training somewhere?
 

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
2nd vote for a training forum.

Also, would it be easy to put the links at the top, on the bottom also?
example: Gunatics Forum> General> General Gun Talk

This way I don't have to scroll back to the top to go back to the page.
If I just hit the back button on the mouse, it still shows that thread as new or unread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
I cast my vote for the training forum. There's a lot of really good training videos out there that can be liked through there. And for shit that there's not a training video on the web for, just get some friends together and make one. Actually showing proper (read-> SAFE) weapons handling is better than just talking about it any day of the week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Shad said:
I cast my vote for the training forum. There's a lot of really good training videos out there that can be liked through there. And for shit that there's not a training video on the web for, just get some friends together and make one. Actually showing proper (read-> SAFE) weapons handling is better than just talking about it any day of the week.
It's been done and I've been cataloging as much in the 'Newbie' area...

"Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask"
http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325

"States of Awareness, the Cooper Color Codes"
http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197

"The Weapon 'Safety': Use It or Regret It"
http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741

"RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP (Uncle Sam on how to shoot)"
http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595

Then there are the 'Rio' videos of late in...

"Miscellaneous Gun Vids: Bang, Bang My Baby Shot Me Down"
http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326

Speaking of gun handling last night I was watching 'Drive', some new and very awful TV show that debuted and won't be around more than 3 months. Anyway they had this one scene where a guy is holding what looked to be a Glock and he has both pointing fingers inside the trigger guard resting upon the trigger. He kept doin it over and over too. I was like damn man has this guy never even seen A-Team or anything. If he had been a Gunatics member he'd not have that problem...

"Handgun Grip Instruction"
http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747

- Janq
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,393 Posts
Maybe a section dedicated to surplus firearms would be nice. Bring in a whole other niche of the gun crowd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
I like the site. The only thing I would like to use but haven't found is a "view posts since last visit" link.
 

·
Annihilator
Joined
·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gun-Nut said:
2nd vote for a training forum.

Also, would it be easy to put the links at the top, on the bottom also?
example: Gunatics Forum> General> General Gun Talk

This way I don't have to scroll back to the top to go back to the page.
If I just hit the back button on the mouse, it still shows that thread as new or unread.

You know there is a link at the bottom of the page that says "TOP", and brings your to the top of the page, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
btw - i forgot to thank bruce for all his hard work and express how much i really enjoy this site
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
DaButtKraken said:
I like the site. The only thing I would like to use but haven't found is a "view posts since last visit" link.

ur just lazy and need to get rid of the websense at the office! :lol:


j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,033 Posts
Gun-Nut said:
Even a product review section wouldn't be a bad idea.
DaButtKraken said:
I like the site. The only thing I would like to use but haven't found is a "view posts since last visit" link.
MrMcCrackin said:
btw - i forgot to thank bruce for all his hard work and express how much i really enjoy this site
There's my suggestions. :)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top