Gun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any Sig Pro forums with good information. I joined the obvious sigforums.com, but to say that they have a limited amount of Sig Pro info over there would be an understatement. Seems that if the gun has any polymer in it, the good ol' Sig fan boys won't have anything to do with it. :? Anywho, I got a deal on a lightly used one a few days ago that I just couldn't refuse. Now I'm having one helluva time finding any usefull resources. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh, yeah. I've bought three guns in just about a month and a half. :oops: I love the 1911. I'm using it to learn how to do some minor gunsmithing, I already did my own trigger job and got the stock pull down from about 5# to about 3.5# and in the next month or so I'm going to take a crack at fitting my own match barrel and bushing. We'll see how that goes. Hey man, the last few times I went to the range I did so unexpectedly, otherwise I would have given you a call since I know you want to go shooting. Have you picked anything up yet?

-Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
No i've just been renting and trying out as many as I can. The only one left on my to-shoot list is the XD. I did get to shoot a 1911, but didn't like the trigger. I'm not sure if that's how stock 1911s feel, but the trigger was too light on SA on that particular gun. I also didn't like the positioning of the slide stop lever and the mag release as they were a bit far away for my hands. Out of the guns i've tried, the sig 226 and the glock 17/23 felt the best in my hands. For whatever reason, i couldn't shoot the sig nearly as well as I could the glocks. My sig groupings were all high and left in two separate 226/.40s. My glock groupings were tighter and centered.

Unless i fall in love with the XD, i have my heart set on a glock 17 or 22.

But i'll be at Livermore R&D on friday the 17th at 10am if u happen to be there too.

- John

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
daybreak said:
No i've just been renting and trying out as many as I can. The only one left on my to-shoot list is the XD. I did get to shoot a 1911, but didn't like the trigger. I'm not sure if that's how stock 1911s feel, but the trigger was too light on SA on that particular gun. I also didn't like the positioning of the slide stop lever and the mag release as they were a bit far away for my hands. Out of the guns i've tried, the sig 226 and the glock 17/23 felt the best in my hands. For whatever reason, i couldn't shoot the sig nearly as well as I could the glocks. My sig groupings were all high and left in two separate 226/.40s. My glock groupings were tighter and centered.

Unless i fall in love with the XD, i have my heart set on a glock 17 or 22.

But i'll be at Livermore R&D on friday the 17th at 10am if u happen to be there too.

- John
Yeah, most 1911's have pretty light triggers, especially the higher end ones. I personally like it, as I want my 1911 to be my range gun. But I can see that the trigger could be TOO light for a general purpose/only gun. Don't want to throw another wrench in the mix, since it sounds like you are narrowing down what you want, but if you happen to run accross one, you should really try the Sig Pro. It has a modular grip that allows you to make make changes to the grip's size and feel. It may help with your groupings. Then again, as they always say, you either love or hate the Glock grip angle. You seem to love it, so I say go for it. The XD has the grip angle of the Sigs, so you're not likely to prefer it over the Glock.

-Chris

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ldivinag said:
http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/SigProFAQ/
Thanks. I just found that same site yesterday by searching nabisco's OT. Some decent info there. Gotta love Dr. Lunde.

-Chris

·
Registered
132 Posts
ken's really cool.

i found out he just got a FN 5.7 and i asked him when he was gonna take it to the range.

too bad he was gonna break it in during the middle of the week and he offered me a mag... ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang. Luckyyyyyy!

-Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts