Gun Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .40 229, and purchased the .357sig barrel which drops right in.
But I have heard you can purchase a bar-sto 9mm barrel and this will drop in also. Now I know I will have to buy different mags, but is there anything else that needs to be changed out?
Such as springs?

I want to do this, so my wife can shoot it. The .40/.357sig is too much recoil for her little wrist.:(

·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's 5' and about 95 lbs.
She doesn't need bulky wrist.:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
You'll be fine with new mags and a new barrel.

If she doesn't hold the gun properly, she'll hurt her wrists. If you teach her how to hold it firmly yet let the recoil ride itself out, she'll be fine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the .40 and .357 mags are identical. I had a Sig 239 and the mag was engraved .357/.40 or some such thing. You may want to hold of on buying new mags and give them a try.

Doh, I didn't read the 9mm part...

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
The Ghoul said:
You'll be fine with new mags and a new barrel.

If she doesn't hold the gun properly, she'll hurt her wrists. If you teach her how to hold it firmly yet let the recoil ride itself out, she'll be fine.

bingo - everything u ever wanted to know about switchin over to 9mm on a 229

·
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I thought, but I thought I read somewhere that you needed to change the slide spring also with the 9mm change.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
YOu might have to if it wont cycle. They are probably too stiff for the 9mm.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I gotta buy me some 9mm... my brother lent me his P226 for a time. Oddly though, after having been shooting nothing but a 1911 for a while, a double stack 9MM seems wierd in my hands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts