Gun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
FYI, I'm on the far right 8) . Due to the low quality of the camera used to record this vid, there's no sound and the only ways you can even tell I'm shooting is the brass and broken linkage hitting the ground, watching my shadow also shows the little bit of smoke better than the air does, and the dirt kicking up behind my target. Next time I go to a range like that, I'll have to bring my new digital camcorder. Get you guys some better vids and shit :twisted:

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Ha ha, crappy video, but we get the idea. Looks like fun. How heavy is that bastard? Is it easy to control?

Say you needed to take over a hotel and kill everyone inside, think that would do?

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's pretty heavy, about 16lbs unloaded if I remember right. Not so heavy that it's too hard to carry, but heavy enough to be a pain in the ass. The good thing about the weight, though, is it makes it very easy to control when you're cutting loose with it. As for the hotel thing, that fucker is definately capable of doing whatever you need it to do, so long as you don't melt the barrel or run out of ammo. Shit, even though it's only firing 5.56 NATO which is small for a machinegun, it more than makes up for it with the ROF (750 RPM off the belt, 1000 RPM with a magazine). Oh, not to mention the fact that they're fun as hell to shoot :mrgreen:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had to do MOUT training with a SAW and miles gear once. Would have been fun except the SAW I had was a POS and jamed every 10 rounds or so. Traded it for an M16 off somebody who was "dead" ASAP.

Miles gear is ok, but MOUT training with simunitions is the shit. That's like paintball on steroid for anyone who doesn't know what they are, and miles gear is like laser tag.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd rather use the miles. Simunitions hurt like shit. I had the back of my hand sliced open from a grazer with that shit once, so I'll always take miles any day on that shit.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yea I got one hell of a welt on my thigh from a simunition round at about 10 ft, but that's what makes it more realistic. You sometimes get people running around like idiots with the miles gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts