Gun Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently upgraded to a TM P-90. It's my first gun with adjustable hop-up, and I would like to get it set properly. The problem is, every tutorial I've come across has depended on evaluating the flatness of the pellet's trajectory, making adjustment, then re-evaluating and re-adjusting as needed.

The problem with this technique is that I do not have 3-D vision, so it is very difficult for me to judge the path of the BB.

My plan is to set up a target at a typical engagement distance (25-30m), fire 3-5 round bursts at it, and adjust the hop-up until the groups are as tight and centered on the target as possible.

Does this seem like a decent plan, or am I missing something?

Peace,
Hans

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
hmmm... can you fire outdoors? at least 100 foot range? You should pretty easily be able to see the flight path of your bb's especially if your againsts a darker bg (darker then a white bb at least). If you are trying to do this in something shorter then 20feet you'll have odd results.

But the stuff you already read about trial and error is about right. There's only a few guns that will lock into a hopup position. Most/all TM AEG's will not "lock" into a certain hop up pressure. So you'll re adjust anyway. Bursting or full auto would be fine. In full auto with a version 6 gearbox and fresh battery, you choudl have a nice long "bb hose" that you can judge hopup settings with.

Not having 3-d vision meaning a lack of depth perception? You should be able to see if a bb's flight path travels up or down right?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct on the zero depth perception. That sort of slope is hard for me to judge. Left or right deviation is pretty easy, but it's hard to tell if the pellet is gaining altitude or distance; a faster BB and an upward sloping BB look the same to me in flight.

Peace,
Hans

P.S. - 30 metres is roughly 100 feet. *shakes head* Bloody Yanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts