Gun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a scope or sight for a new shotty and I can decide what to put on it. I have scopes and dot sights on shot guns already and like them both so it's a 6 or 1 half a dozen of the other kind of thing. Maximum range of the gun is about 55yds magnification isn't really that important but neither is quick target aquisition. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the EoTech and all (who doesn't) but they're so damn expensive. Depending on the type of shotty we're talking about here it might be more than the gun itself. Since shottys don't really reach out too far anyway, and aren't known for pinpoint accuracy, I'm all about buying one cheaper model of each, and swapping out whenever you deem fit. Some decent (good shock resistance, crisp dot, water resistance) can be had for under $100 and the same can be said for decent 4x-6x scopes. That option gets my vote.

-Chris

·
Registered
767 Posts
If its just for blastin'
the go with a BSA red dot, they are $30 tops and I have yet to have one break. and if it did, go to walmart and get another.
They can wash out in bright sunlight though

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd say go with a middle of the road red dot sight. You won't really need any kind of magnification with a shotgun.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need it for this gun,

For turkey hunting and BSA won't cut it, can't handle the recoil. I'm stuck between the Nikon 1,5-4,5x 20.the I.O.R 4x24 and the Aimpoint 9000. Does anyone have a 3 sided coin?????

·
Registered
442 Posts
Jeremy said:
I need it for this gun,

For turkey hunting and BSA won't cut it, can't handle the recoil. I'm stuck between the Nikon 1,5-4,5x 20.the I.O.R 4x24 and the Aimpoint 9000. Does anyone have a 3 sided coin?????
Of those three choices, I'd recommend Nikon. I've got Nikon optics on a couple of my rifles, and I've yet to be disappointed with them. The lenses are amazing how clear they are.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ducman,
I like Burris's spe ed dot but their dot is to big for the precision I need at close range the smallest dot they have is 3 moa versus 1moa for the aimpoints.

Shad,

I think the nikon is the ticket, I have a nikon and aimpoint on other rigs already and like them a lot. I guess another nikon is the answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts