Gun Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tomorrow I'm becoming a Florida resident. Shredding the MD driver's license will be a most pleasurable activity. So now it'll actually be possible for me to carry.

So basically what I need either answers or links to places with answers:
-A list of places where I can't carry in FL.
-Ideas on holsters. Most of the time I plan on being in nothing more than a polo or t-shirt and khaki shorts. How do you conceal in that sort of attire? I'm a skinny bastard, so lines show pretty easily.
-As far as pistols go, I'm looking at the following: Glock 21, XD-45, XD-9. I've held an XD-45 and I've fired an XD-9. I'm not really up on my Glock knowledge, but I'd be willing to check out some of their 9mm models. The XD-9 was really nice to shoot, but I think I'd prefer a .45. I also intend to sometime purchase a 1911, but the mag capacity just isn't there. I'm tall and have big hands, so double stacked mags aren't an issue.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. I'll start on my packet probably later this week.

So what about holsters? What options are there when wearing shorts and a t-shirt?

·
10mm Fanatic!
935 Posts
Prod said:
Thanks for the link. I'll start on my packet probably later this week.

So what about holsters? What options are there when wearing shorts and a t-shirt?
passive101 does some great video's representing the Smart Carry

http://www.youtube.com/user/passive101?ob=1

I own one, and it works well.

I also have 2 holsters from highnoon.
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

I have a down under in horsehide (LOVE IT!) and a public secret (it is just ok) both with the clips.

The Down under is amazing, but you can't tuck your shirt in.

The public secret allows you to tuck your shirt in but it is farily soft, doesn't have a lot of body protection so the gun digs in a little bit, and it is only available in leather (no horse hide).

·
Registered
264 Posts
RI is not shall issue...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts