Gun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
7,388 Posts
Actually the Romak 3/PSL is nota Dragunov copy although it is often marketd that way. It uses the long stroke Ak gas system, not the short stroke SVD system. It is just longer barrled, up calibered, with a stiffer reciever than a standard AK.

A Dragunov/Russian Tiger(Commercial name) Costs atleast 2x as much and is still less accurate than most bolt guns on the market that fill the sniper role.

· Premium Member
7,388 Posts
The only areas I knowingly lack in are modern blackpowder rifles since I never use them as well as some optics since I am a fan of actually teaching people to use iron sights. I mean they used to shoot 800-1000 yards with open sights at the creedmore matches. Thats with blackpowder era cartridges and manufactured guns. If we could only teach our infantrymen to shoot like that. Best I can manage is with my K98 and thats a man sized target at 300yrds. Thats standing I might be able to do it at 400 resting on a bench.

· Premium Member
7,388 Posts
The RPK action is the long stroke Kalashnikov action. Its a beefed up AK for more prolonged automatic fire and thats it. Hell the VEPR AK's are built on RPK recievers.

And a Tiger is the closest thing you are going to get to an SVD.

Also they do come in the proper length you just havent seen one yet

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/tigr.shtml

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.