Gun Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is thnking about ordering anything form Hong Kong retailer Redwolf Airsoft, Take a look at the following post:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=3749.0

Redwolf's reply in ASR forums said:
Customs is cracking down on airsoft due to a recent increase in incidences of people playing with airsoft guns in public without the red tip. Police have arrested people who have sprayed over the red tips of their pistols with black paint. In some incidences, these people were nearly shot by police. Thankfully no serious injuries have been caused thus far. The reason why this is targeting us is because some of these people have apparently made purchases from RedWolf, amongst others. As a result, US custom's knee-jerk reaction is to inspect closely all gun shipments into the US via FEDEX. We have been told that other Hong Kong airsoft companies are also being targeted. At this time, we will cease all shipments of airsoft guns through FEDEX to the US until we can determine a "safe" way to ship them through FEDEX. Only accessories without trademarks of any kind will be shipped via FEDEX. Guns will shipped through other means and all trademarks will be permanently covered according to US Federal Law. We realize some customers may be unhappy about the trademarks being covered permanently. As airsofters ourselves, we realize this is not the best look for your gun but at this point, we must comply fully with the law to continue serving you.
A rumor I heard related to this was US Customs was cracking down on Redwolf specifically. to "Teach them a lesson". Possibly due to RW not carefully removing trademarks.

I actaully know of 1 person so far who has had their shipment seized by customs.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Orange tip is really only for airsoft import. Your local laws and specific event/field rules also govern whether or not you need an orange tip.

Personally I've never been to an event that required the orange tip. But those orange tips make good targets ;P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts