Gun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not cycling rounds into the chamber. First round is fine, after that the bolt gets stuck on the round and doesn't fully feed into the chamber and gets stuck half way between the magazine and the chamber. If I manually take the slide back after the round is stuck and release it it damages the round and forces the bullet into the casing.

I know its not my magazines as they work perfectly in my other guns and I've tried about 10 different mags including a drum which works perfectly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
My FAL did this the first day I had it and it did turn out to be one of my surplus mags was just off enough to cause it to jam like that. I swithced to another and it cleared up.

Just because one mag works in another gun does not mean it will work in your Kel Tec, although Im shocked that an AR would tolerate something better.

Id say try another mag and if thats a non fix then break her down and clean the living hell out of everything internal including the gas system. If thats a non fix maybe its the ammo. It may be slightly under powered enough to mess up cycling. Kind of like some pistols and rifles wont load properly if you dotn "rack" them hard.

If none of the above works....hell I wouldnt know since I cant see the gun in person when it goes FUBAR

·
Registered
724 Posts
It sounds like the bolt or round is catching on something, the round isn't properly sliding into the chamber. Take it down and clean it completely then Check from the mags well inot the chamber carefully If you can find anything there try fireing a round id if it jams extract the round and inspect it carefully for and thing out of place, scratches, nicks, dents, in the bulet or case this may give you some idea as to where the problem is happening.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Mien ended up bein a weak mag spring that would allow the bot to scarp on top of teh round untilhalf way and then it would bite the round and force it up on the feed ramp and jam it nicely. It left shavings of brass all inside.

POS Israeli mags...my Steyr ones never miss a beat.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, I'm a lazy bastard... I need to take the thing apart and look at the bolt and such... I havent really ever given it a through cleaning.

·
Registered
196 Posts
brucelee said:
Damn, I'm a lazy bastard... I need to take the thing apart and look at the bolt and such... I havent really ever given it a through cleaning.
Yeah, a dirty/stuck extractor can cause FTF problems like yours (the extractor doesn't go over the lip of the case and instead pushes it crooked). The bolt is insanely easy to take apart on the SU (just like and AR I believe) so it's worth a try.

-Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts