Gun Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce,

Please say ou have a backup of the site pre refresh (?).

There are whole threads missing as well as posts within threads missing as of this weekends update. :(

- Janq

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Whoa, what? There shouldn't be anything missing since the update which was a couple days ago... We did lose 9 days worth of stuff for some unknown reason, but anything since two days ago should still be here.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Defintiely stuff is missing including posts I posted over two weeks ago (e.g. update against the DC gun law court case) and a standalone thread I'd posted on Tuesday in the CCW area toward a Norfolk, VA LEO in plain clothes mistaken for a civilian by a unifomred officer and shot 6 times in the back.
Friday I had posted two new threads from the ArmyTimes aboutfuture tech weaponry development and a second toward the ongoing M4 debate. They both are currently AWOL.

I kid you not stuff is definitely missing across the board.
Please please please say you made backups before updating the site.
The only reason I noticed these missing items is because I treat this site like an information depot posting stuff I come across and then coming back to it later for redistribution elsewhere or in the near/far future I come back to reference stuff when sending crap to friends and foes.

I came across a guy this past Saturday and was talking to him about being a CCW and mistaken as bad guy. I told him the story of the VA LEO and the results of the state police investigation. I'd promised to e-mail him links to the story and figured it would be no problem knowing it was here. Only I come back here and go to the CCW area expecting it to be at the top as I just posted it on Friday and zilch....it's no where to be found and other threads there in are not in proper order as per my own recollection of last posts et. al.

For an example go here; http://www.gunatics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18055#post18055

Stuff is missing and out of whack.

- Janq

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Whoa, weird... Nothing before the 16th should be gone... We refreshed the backfup file from the 16th, since all the other ones were gone for some reason :(

That backup file should have including EVERY post/thread from the 16th and before.

I'm sorry... :( x 100

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ron Paul thread went poof... (and me being paranoid thought it was some sort of censorship conspiracy... haha)

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
F', that's so weak! I have no idea how this happened, but I did contact the software developers and filed a complaint! This is unacceptable! What the f' is the point of backing things up if its not going to work!?!?!?

:mad: x 100000000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts