Gun Forums banner

Political climate post-election?

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  jamz 
#1 ·
Dad swung by the house the other day on his way back up to TN from a botched ocean-fishing trip (too rough to go out). We got to talking, and as things tend to go with the old man, politics came up. Dad's fairly conservative about most things (and probably working on a decent foil beanie), so the upcoming election was something he was wondering/thinking/stewing about.

Now that democrats have control of at least half of Congress, who should we be watching for anti-gun legislation? Anybody? Did anybody get elected on a "I'm going to take up all the gunsI can find" platform or anything?

Fill in the politically underinformed.

First post! Be gentle... :eek:

#2 ·
Well if things in Iraq keep going badly and the president keeps fighting them...I would think that they would be occupied with the big issues to worry about guns.

It seems the Dems really go after guns when things are peacefull. I mean the 90's was economically presperous, the cold war was over, and there was not a real enemy to be found....perfect time to make crime an issue and grab guns.

#6 ·
i dont know how it is ware you live but in colorado now i sware when i was at luch today i saw 2 segways and an elctric car and i was sorounded by mexicans and everyone was high the democrats fucked my country up in just a few houres well Im gona go make out with a guy i mite as well get good at it befor the dems make it manditory :( im just syin berry your guns and religeous documents. im so scared

#7 ·
Meat-Lad said:
i dont know how it is ware you live but in colorado now i sware when i was at luch today i saw 2 segways and an elctric car and i was sorounded by mexicans and everyone was high the democrats fucked my country up in just a few houres well Im gona go make out with a guy i mite as well get good at it befor the dems make it manditory :( im just syin berry your guns and religeous documents. im so scared

ummm :confused:

#9 ·
The democrats have learned to hide that there anti gun, its a loseing fight if you do say and show you are. They hide it untill they get elected into the higher place that they want. Example "The hilda beast) hillary clinton... She is VERY anti gun, but she wants to be president so she votes moderate so she is kind of ok with most anti guners and with most pro gun people that dont know about her past voteing record.

Its all about bullshit politics now, they know they cant win because america does not agree with them so what do they do? LIE!.. Its been going on forever but only now has it become so blatent that anyone should be able to see past there lies.. but they dont, most people are so stupid when it comes to politcs they dont look at there past but most of all its the media that helps hide these important issues.

As much as I enjoy talking about politics, I am at a loss for words now.. (Did you ever think that would happen?!)

#10 · (Edited)
Meat-Lad said:
i dont know how it is ware you live but in colorado now i sware when i was at luch today i saw 2 segways and an elctric car and i was sorounded by mexicans and everyone was high the democrats fucked my country up in just a few houres...
:huh:

Have you not been keeping track of all the crap Bush and the republicans have done over the past six years, nay the last 6 months?
Your very real civil liberities have been greatly reduced in a very real way already.
The Dems in can't do too much right now aside from gridlock congress and at best slide an AWB in along with some other bill via a side deal with Bush.
Your country and our country is currently fucked up and has been taking it in the culo raw dog style for the past 4 yrs. minimum and they haven't even been sliding it in under cover of darkness.
Aside from an AWB and possibly immigration reform the democrats have largely little they can do right now but work to halt future republican efforts at more buggery of the constituion and your civil rights.

No I'm not a so called 'bleeding heart' liberal, I am registered with no party affiliation, I did and regularly do vote across party lines (I voted against Ted Kennedy and for Frisoli a republican/pro-gun & hunting AG), I used to be a republican back when that actually meant something (days of Reagan & Bush), and even as I'm fine with gay marriage and gays in general I don't myself care to be gay or buggered by any man including Uncle Sam.

- Janq

#11 ·
Janq said:
:huh:

Have you not been keeping track of all the crap Bush and the republicans have done over the past six years, nay the last 6 months?
Your very real civil liberities have been greatly reduced in a very real way already.
The Dems in can't do too much right now aside from gridlock congress and at best slide an AWB in along with some other bill via a side deal with Bush.
Your country and our country is currently fucked up and has been taking it in the culo raw dog style for the past 4 yrs. minimum and they haven't even been sliding it in under cover of darkness.
Aside from an AWB and possibly immigration reform the democrats have largely little they can do right now but work to halt future republican efforts at more buggery of the constituion and your civil rights.

No I'm not a so called 'bleeding heart' liberal, I am registered with no party affiliation, I did and regularly do vote across party lines (I voted against Ted Kennedy and for Frisoli a republican/pro-gun & hunting AG), I used to be a republican back when that actually meant something (days of Reagan & Bush), and even as I'm fine with gay marriage and gays in general I don't myself care to be gay or buggered by any man including Uncle Sam.

- Janq
You and I would get along quite well, Janq. If only the Libertariens had more power, no?

-Chris

#12 ·
I would vote libertarian to but one I’m 17 and two I live in a purple state voting third party only hurts the republicans hear and since the libertarians don’t stand a chance in hell and I hate the demes I’m stuck voting for the republicans. At least for politicians. Ugh I’m ranting again these commie fuck took business owners write to allow smoking in there buildings so I’m pissed

#13 ·
The only difference between the two major political parties is the way in which they will drive the population under control.

Dems will strip 2nd and 1st amendment rights

Neocon REps will strip 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th...and only some 2nd.

Which one will take longer to achieve the tyranny predicted by the founding fathers?

I'd like old-skool repubs to come back, add in some gridlock and there we have a government that will do *less*, whcih is a good thing in my book.

#15 ·
jamz said:
The only difference between the two major political parties is the way in which they will drive the population under control.

Dems will strip 2nd and 1st amendment rights

Neocon REps will strip 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th...and only some 2nd.

Which one will take longer to achieve the tyranny predicted by the founding fathers?

I'd like old-skool repubs to come back, add in some gridlock and there we have a government that will do *less*, whcih is a good thing in my book.

Ah, but would you rather have the tools to fight back with or no tools at all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.