Gun Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
i've been thinking about picking up one of the fullsizes but i don't know of anyone who has had one i've only read stuff in magazines about them and i always trust people more than magazines, anyone in here have one and if so what do you think about it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,393 Posts
Its a hell of a lot better than a SIGMA but I would still take my Steyr or a Walther p99 over it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
carney said:
i've been thinking about picking up one of the fullsizes but i don't know of anyone who has had one i've only read stuff in magazines about them and i always trust people more than magazines, anyone in here have one and if so what do you think about it?
Carney,

See my detailed review of the M&P 40 at OT; http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003912

The .40 full size is a shooter and reports from everywhere else says same for the 9mm fullsize.
I've seen no reports yet toward the Compact but it's early as yet.

Next time I'm at S&W if they have a Compact I'll grab one to run tests on.

- Janq
 

·
Fanatical Feline
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
lol, I like how they show a nice picture of the serial number... Always black your SN out when you get a picture with them in it.

Nice pistol, wonder how they shoot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
interesting grip angle


i like the grip surface - hopefully it feels "good" in ur hands


i have been waiting for these to hit the streets - though i wont jump in until they have been on the streets for at least a year and i can read what people piss and moan about them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
MrMcCrackin said:
interesting grip angle


i like the grip surface - hopefully it feels "good" in ur hands


i have been waiting for these to hit the streets - though i wont jump in until they have been on the streets for at least a year and i can read what people piss and moan about them
These look cleaner than the XD. I think both share the same grip angle, which I MUCH prefer over Glock's. I may have to sample one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MMC the fullsize has been around a year already and yes it does feel good in ones hands.
The grip angle is by design same as a 1911 with the user changeable plam swells providing different profiles (I like the medium size).
The plastic is textured but not overly rough nor exactly smooth...different than a Glock.

- Janq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Janq said:
MMC the fullsize has been around a year already and yes it does feel good in ones hands.
The grip angle is by design same as a 1911 with the user changeable plam swells providing different profiles (I like the medium size).
The plastic is textured but not overly rough nor exactly smooth...different than a Glock.

- Janq
Sounds good to me. Going to look at one of these in the near future.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gun-Nut said:
Janq, How does the size compare to a G26?
G-N,

I'm not up on my Glock models and such so I don't know.
As per the S&W website the following is the size for the standard where as the compact info hasn't been updated as yet:

* M&P standard 9MM
SKU: item_209001
Model: M&P
Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 17+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 4.25"
Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount - Tritium Sights Optional
Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount Carry - Tritium Sights Optional
Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.
Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300 in.
Trigger Reset: Approx. .140 in.
Frame: Large
Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68HRc
Overall Length: 7.5"
Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components
Weight Empty (No Mag): 24.00 oz.
Overall Height: 5.5"
Width: 1.2"
Sight Length: 6.4"
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/other/MP_CAD_DWG.pdf

Below is what Glock has toward the G26:

GLOCK 26

Caliber


9x19mm

Action


Safe Action System

Length (slide)


6.29 in. 160 mm

Height 2)


4.17 in. 106 mm

Width


1.18 in. 30 mm

Length between sights 3)


5.67 in. 144 mm

Barrel length


3.46 in. 88 mm

Barrel rifling


right, hexagonal

Length of twist


9.84 in. 250 mm

Magazine capacity 4)


10 / 12

Mass (weight)




Empty without magazine


19.75 oz. 560 g

Empty magazine


1.98 oz. 56 g

Full magazine 5)


~6.35 oz. ~180 g

Trigger pull (standard)


~5.5 lbs. ~2.5 kg

Trigger travel for discharge 6)


0.5 in. 12.5 mm

Number of safeties 3
http://www.glock.com/g26.htm

- Janq
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
The compacts 'lines' remond me quite a bot of my SigPro, which is a good thing in my mind. Seems like a nice weapon.

-Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Nice! Finally!

If they have them at the S&W range let me know, I'm due for a trip over there soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jamz said:
Nice! Finally!

If they have them at the S&W range let me know, I'm due for a trip over there soon.
Definitely I'll bump this thread soon as I find out more.
With any luck I'll be able to shake the wife & kids in the morning to get over there for an hour.

- Janq
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Janq said:
Definitely I'll bump this thread soon as I find out more.
With any luck I'll be able to shake the wife & kids in the morning to get over there for an hour.

- Janq
Ok, but remember: shake them more than twice, and you're just playing with them. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jamz said:
Ok, but remember: shake them more than twice, and you're just playing with them. ;)
:lol:!!

I got up this mornign and tried to get out the door but found the squirrel trap had caught another critter.
Next thign I know it becomes an hour of excitement as the whole damn family wants to come out to gawk and talk about 'Mr. Squirrel' caught in the cage. Then they decide they want to come with me to release him and after that I find myself wearing wigs in Faces at Northampton.
Bom bang pow up comes the mon and it's well you know the routine...dinner, bath and crying game time.

Maybe sometime this week.

- Janq
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top