Gun Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the mood to shoot the other day but it was raining. Being in BFE I can shoot whenever I want, front yard back yard whatever. When it rains i open a back bedroom window and throw a few clay pigeons, cans or bottle in the flower bed and just shoot out the window, works just fine. I plinked for prolly 2 hours, then cleaned up all the brass off the floor and left to catch my flight. the other half came home and cleaned the house. I must have missed a few casings that rolled under the bed, she found them with the vaccum lol brass and steel don't work well in a bagless vaccum let me tell ya lmao totally destroyed the brushes and pretty much trashed the thing. Now I'm in the doghouse until I buy her a new vaccum lol damn the bad luck

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Funny... I'm just curious how it works though. Shooting out your window into your back yard? Huh? I must be missing something.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simple open window, throw can, bottle, pigeon. aim and shoot. Unless the chipmunks are out the i have live targets lol

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just didn't realize it was legal to shoot stuff in your front yard, waking the neighbors or not.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a rural area in a gun friendly state. As long as it's safe to do so, you can shoot on most private land when ever you want. If your an anit-gunner in this area it suck to be you because you can file all the complaints you want, unless it's unsafe no LEO will say anything. In hunting seasons here, you can hunt with in city limits because the state hunting laws over ride city ordinances

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Yea, I shoot in my yard here to but only .22's

I wonder if rimfire .22s could be setoff in a vaccum? anyone care to try? I have a few laying around here I could try out.

anyone else ever had the joy of haveing to dig in a full vaccum bag after some small gun parts got sucked up? Yep.... joy right there....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never dug through the vaccum but I have accidently thrown out and burnt 300 magnum rifle primers lol those things cooking off sounded like a serious firefight lol

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
I've heard that unseated primers can explode in a vacuum. Probably won't do too much actual damage, but makes a loud pop.

note to self: Always SWEEP the reloading area, not vacuum :)

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I read on the back of the package of propelent that a vacuum can set that off to...
EXPLODEING VACUUM!

That would be something to get on tape...

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Check FatWallet...there was a deal Sunday toward a factory reconditioned vac for just $269.99 (!).
Thats a huge cut off of retail for what is effectively a new Dysion with a new Dyson warranty.

- Janq

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a central vaccum systwem so dyson doesnt help much. Forgive the typo's I'm very intoxicated lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dysons

Consumer reports was WAY underwhelmed with the performace of the Dyson line, anyway. The best vacuum they reviewed was an $80 Dirt Devil.

Mo' money doesn't always equate to mo' betta.

Peace,
Hans

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Did CR do a long term test or a short term one?

Dyson FTW for me because you don't have to change bags, emptying it is simple and clean, it carries easily, and has an enormous wand. :!:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't recall if they did any sort of durability testing on them, though I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Dyson is not the only bagless vac on the market. Our Bissell empties messlessly, as well.

Peace,
Hans

·
Registered
247 Posts
If there is a problem with a Dyson, you can call customer service and put the phone to your vaccum and the onboard computer will chirp what it thinks is wrong through the phone to a computer translator (sock in hose, low power ect.) spoooooky...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts