Gun Forums banner

Oakley SI Boots.. Now on Sportsmansguide ;(

8K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  ORCA 
#1 ·
Well, just like multicam was cool when it was all real Crye and spensive, and now cloned the crap out and cheap... Sportsmansguide.com now has Oakley SI Boots on closeout and at 49.97 - 59.97. They retail for $175.00. Sure there the oddball sizes and colors, but I bet there's a few of you who can use the double E widths ;P

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=MainHeader+KW+Box&a=browse&k=oakley+assault+boots

Kinda sad for all of us who bought them at full price ;( Oh well it was only a matter of time.

FYI these are EXTREMELY comfortable boots. I wear the shoe version daily at work for the last few years. On my 2nd pair over 3 years. But in comparison to Combat boots like Danners , the Oakleys would be the more "Gucci" brand.

#4 · (Edited)
LOL guys this is why they are closeouts priced. You can get whatever color/size you want for full price.

http://oakley.com/search/assault

And yes, even at full price they are worth it.

FYI, I ordered 5 sets of these to take to my pals in Japan next trip. They all came in and at those low prices ($49-). But unfortunately I think the Desert Tans are all sold out.

#5 ·
I have been sporting my Paratrooper boots by Bates. Great for summer....but friggin cold and shit for traction on ice.

#6 ·
How do these run in sizing?

Are they Nike like where they run smaller in numerical sizing than normal/average or are they like Timberland boots which generally run large?

I'd maybe invest in the 'night camo' for use in paintball as my current paintball boots (Nike ACG) are going on their 5th season.

- Janq

#8 ·
Okay...I think I may go for this.
I went to the site and it says if you join (I'm not a member) you get two $10 discount coupons for use in a subsequent purchase. Additionally the site says the member price for these boots are $39.97 vs. the discounted $49.97.

Upon becoming a member do they e-mail you the coupon/coupon code or do I have to wait many weeks for a hard coupon to arrive via USPS?

I'd prefer to join, be assigend two coupon codes via e-mail.
Then come back tomorrow and buy the boots as a member at $39.97 minus $10 inclusive of the one time free shipping ($9.99) to ulitmately walk out the e-door at $29.97 + tax.

Is this possible with these people?
I've never heard of this e-store before.

- Janq

#11 ·
brucelee said:
Damn you all for making me spend more money !!!
Check this out...

Splatmatic Paintball Shotgun
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=329290

Only problem is it uses non standard .50 caliber ammo where as normal paintballs are .68x caliber.

WARNING:The Splatmatic Paintball Shotgun cannot be shipped to Marin, Napa, Ventura and Yolo counties, CA; HI; Chicago, IL; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. This product cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering.

WARNING:Ammo Magazines / Clips cannot be shipped to CA; HI; South Bend, IN; Wichita, KS; NY; NJ; Cincinnati, Cleveland and Toledo, OH; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammo Magazines / Clips cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammo Magazines / Clips.

WARNING:paintballs cannot be shipped to MI; MN; New York City; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Paintballs cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Paintballs.
- Janq

#14 · (Edited)
brucelee said:
Where do you get 50 cal paintballs?!
I have exactly zero clue.
I've been in paintball a long ass time and deeply, and before 20 minutes ago I'd never heard of .50 caliber paintballs.
Why they based this product on a non standard caliber is a mystery.

Agreed DJ, the name and marketing is wrong.
I guess they never heard of a lot of markers that wer and are pump only and preced this unit by decades...including the Splatmaster which they totally ripped the name off of.
No doubt this a toy quality product oriented toward idiots and little kids.

I'd not buy this only because it very much resembles a firearm and that is not going to look good amongst little kids parnts droppng them off at fields, never mind to field owners who are tryign to espouse a positive image for the sport.
As well I bet if a fields insurer got wind of these being used on their field the owner would get a letter in the mail insisting he modify his field regulations...or else.

- Janq runs a pump-action WGP based & CCM modified 'Sniper II' which has been around 20 yrs. now

#16 ·
Janq said:
Okay...I think I may go for this.
I went to the site and it says if you join (I'm not a member) you get two $10 discount coupons for use in a subsequent purchase. Additionally the site says the member price for these boots are $39.97 vs. the discounted $49.97.

Upon becoming a member do they e-mail you the coupon/coupon code or do I have to wait many weeks for a hard coupon to arrive via USPS?

I'd prefer to join, be assigend two coupon codes via e-mail.
Then come back tomorrow and buy the boots as a member at $39.97 minus $10 inclusive of the one time free shipping ($9.99) to ulitmately walk out the e-door at $29.97 + tax.

Is this possible with these people?
I've never heard of this e-store before.

- Janq
I thought memebrship costed $29 or something? For some reason when I checked out it said I had a free "trial" memebrship for the month of April, so it applied all "club" discounts to my order. It did ask If i wanted to join for $29 though I jsut declined it, but my prices were still club prices.

But Sportsmans guides been arond for a while. I order German coveralls in bulk form them for 1 of my parent's shops twice a year or so.

#17 ·
DJ 9iron said:
I miss playing. Alot!
Personally there is little more relaxing and overall enjoyable than stalking through wood or around bunkers (sup-air) to hunt another man attempting to do same...

Janq @ the old Madman's Realm of Agawam, MA in back in '05 playing rec-ball with Mrs. Janq's brothers & cousins

- Janq

'What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear their lamentation from the the dead zone.'

#18 ·
DJ 9iron said:
First pump-action?! Welcome to Benjamin Sheridan 25 years ago...

Rippoff on the name too. Splatmatic /= Splatmaster (OG)

the first pump action paintball gun that does not require CA or batteries, poindexter.

and with a name like Splatmatic how can you pass it up.

Bruce: they got 500 round box of the .50 on the site that sells the shotty for $18

#19 ·
ORCA said:
I thought memebrship costed $29 or something? For some reason when I checked out it said I had a free "trial" memebrship for the month of April, so it applied all "club" discounts to my order. It did ask If i wanted to join for $29 though I jsut declined it, but my prices were still club prices.

But Sportsmans guides been arond for a while. I order German coveralls in bulk form them for 1 of my parent's shops twice a year or so.
It is.

According to their sign up page you get for the cost of $29 two $10 order discount coupons, one free shipping voucher valued at $9.99, and a 'Club Member' discount of $10 on your order.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/club/cluboffer.asp

If I can though submit an order as you say and get a free trial membership resulting in the $10 discount then thats cool. How much did shipping cost you?

- Janq

#20 ·
i cant STAND paintball anymore. maybe its just the people that play the fields i played, but its a bunch of undisciplined kids (even the 30-50 year olds). thats why i MUCH prefer airsoft with a chain of command. as odd as that sounds. i like it when people are told to pull back. they pull back. shit, ill go an entire 2 hour airsoft round and not swap mags once. im perfectly content shadowing a 2 man patrol for 45 minutes before being told i can open fire.

in fact, it gives me a bit of a chubby when i tell the two above individuals i was watching them, and listening to their conversation for a good half hour before i was given the green lite to send rounds down range.

#21 · (Edited)
See thats the problem, or rather a condition, of playing rec-ball paintball.
Most paintball scenario events are same similar as well.

In tournament level play though be it sup-air/speedball/x-ball or even in the woods there is a team and command chain dynamic not at all being random/willy nilly, if you wish to win and are playing at a level above rookie/novie (e.g. Amateur B, Amateur A, or better/pro).

During the scenario evenst I used to participate in as general and head ref at my old field I would apply same methods of play assigning a command chain along with rules for engagement, missions, specific conditional actions (shoot or observe), active & reactive command chain feedback, etc.
Serious business....and folks had great fun coming back quarter to quarter for more, including even current and former military and police types mixed in with 12 yr. olds itchy to throw fussilades of paint.

I've never played in an Airsoft event but I have seen video of JDM tournament high level events and they do seem like fun.
Myself I get wood from hearing the silence of nothing but ***** ***** ***** from my markers bolt cycling and incoming rounds zipping past.
The rush from taking some mark down or better yet 'gogging' him is friggen huge...

- Janq

#22 ·
sounds like we are on the same wavelength, just different circumstances surrounding the field and players. i dont have anything against paintball as a game, or even the gear. but after playing both, i will say that i much prefer the reel steel aspect of AS. 20 rounds in your AS rifle mag if the real steel variant only holds 20 rounds. after playing like that so much i have mag changes down to a reflex action. i dont think i could ever get reloading a hopper with .67 cal PB's down to a reflex action.

/nice pic btw

#24 ·
Janq said:
Looks like the JT Crossfire mask I have... :p

I used to play with a really good crowd of guys back in the day. A few of them were ex-military and served in the 1st Gulf War. Nothing like having a real sniper on your team!

We would meet at the local ball field and load 30+ guys up in pickups then drive out to BFE and go all day. It was mainly last man standing, or hour time limits with some capture the flag thrown in for good measure. Good times good times.

#26 ·
No doubt definitely on the same wavelegth.
Just gotta find people of like mind set, who don't act & react like scaredy pant children.
BTW at my old house I had a training range setup in my basement specifically to work on snap shooting alone...to which I got to be really good at (used to be my weak point). I've stood in front of my TV practicing reloading of hoppers from my pack into the marker literally for hours. I've got that down as well, I no longer even think about reloading as a process as its just a muscle memory relex that occurs. :p

Check out these videos...

Airsoft CQB tourney - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixuluqLLJY
Airsoft CODENAME: Thunder 2 -Webisode One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3_2Jd1zXE
Airsot practical shooting competiton (IDPA style) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwVvSDif0sc

Paintball Woods tournament - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRkoe4xu1I
Paintball Chicago PSP tourney event (sup-air) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwS-dYz3vz4
Paintball '06 Miami World Cup highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ht-3I7_bGY
Paintball music video 'Push' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlJzZc9zCo

The one thing I don't understand about Airsoft tournaments is how do you keep people honest?
The BB hits you and yeah okay you might maybe feel it under all that armor & gear but whos to say you don't play it off and play on. How does a shooter know for sure he's hitting his target and the wind isn't drifting his shots. Wind even affects the much heavier paintball.
As with paintball I take my shot, dude gets lit up like a christmas tree, and unless he's a cheating ass that'll try to wipe it'll be obvious to me and the ref/field marshall thats he's a dead man.

- Janq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.