Gun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
erm probaly going to get called a Noob for this but i dont care erm. im just starting in airsoft because im kinda getting sick of paintball because the paintball guns aint good no more and i wanna get a air rifle (duh) but i was wondering if u all could help me if i gave some info and stuff plz say u do..

ok i live in the uk and im planning to buy a sniper rifle but from an american site that ship to the uk because it works out cheaper and the american sites have all the best parts and my budgit in us dollas would be around $600-$700 and seeing as all u guys (and girls) are all into this i was wondering could u all help me out. i would like it to be bolt action the scope, bi-pod can be up to u guys :) thank u all so much if u guys can help :)

many regards
Baz

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you want a sniper rifle as your primary, only go gas. Spring ones are ok, but if you want a long lasting, high quality rifle, gas is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Keep in mind replica guns (which include airsoft, model guns, air rifles) will probably be banned in the UK soon. It's called the Violent Crime Reduction Bill (VCRB). http://forums.ukairsoft.net/showthread.php?threadid=75150

Plus any int'l imports into the UK get tariffed. You'll probably be better off sourcing anything you want from Hong Kong because they'll be cheaper and you'll pay the same import fees as you would buying from the US. Only the UK customs coudl tell you what yrou import fees woudl actually be. I hear horror stories from my firends in the UK though. And it's probably the reason you feel local UK shops are more "expensive" then US or Hong Kong shops. They already take care of the import fees.

So your local UK airsoft store may not be a bad bet if you factor in all the added costs for you to just import and they already have gone through all the trouble of importing (you won't need to worry about seizures) whatever you want.

And if you are local to an airsoft retail store, tht would be a great place for you to visit, ask questions and test fire whatever you want.

FYI, I would not suggest a bolt action sniper rifle to any new players unless all the people you will play against also only have bolt action sniper rifles.

Good site for you to visits is:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/

http://forums.ukairsoft.net/

http://www.ukasc.net/

If you want advice on the specific sniper rifle you are interested in buying though I'm sure someone here can be more help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
yea id go with a gas sniper rifle it helps more than a spring :)

:) hey strider knights listen to ORCA, he really is the airsoft god :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol thanks sniper will listen to ORCA. i went to one airsoft shop and had a go on the VSR-10 G-Spec and it was amazing. what about gas and bolt action ive seen sevral of them around weather there good or not what do u guys think?

many regards
baz

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I own 2 gas bolt actions. The Tanaka M700 Police and the Tanaka M700 AICS.

Tanaka M700 Police

Tanaka M700 AICS

Both are EXTREMLY powerful. Possibly too powerful to even import into the UK, since you guys have actual FPS limits. But the newer Tanaka gas rifles have a way to turn down the FPS.

The nice part about the Tanakas is out of the box they are already powerful. Downside with any un-regualted gas airsoft gun is it's temperature dependent (i.e. if it's cold, your FPS performance decreases). Each time you fire a shot it cools the magazine down, so in rapid fire your FPS will decrease each shot.

I also have a Maruzen APS2 Type 96 which is spring based. Since it's spring based the FPS is very consistent but you have to spend some money to getting them up to the Tanaka FPS level. Other downside with spring snipers is the "boing" sound which you can't silence.

But the TM VSR series is a great rifle for the money. But again, think about who/where you are planning to play. A bolt action sniper is no fun to play with if everyone else has AEG's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts