Gun Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a XD-45 ACP 5" Tactical on order. No body has any in stock anywhere just about.

Would really like OD Green but those are impossible to find. Gonna settle for a black or a Flat Dark Earth if they can find one.

These things must be popular eh?

Vostok 7

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
You're going to LOVE it. I fired one just last week. (Same model). Shot very similar to the G21, which is what I love... though it was a bit different, still prefer the G21 because I'm so used to it. Anyway, have fun with your new whip.

Also, did you know that the XD is a Croatian pistol?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Very cool! Congrats, I've never shot an XD, but I hear they're great. After you get it, we expect, nay, demand, pics and a range report!

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Im probably the only person here that does not like the XD. For me the thing just doesnt point worth a damn, feels awkward, and the trigger is grittier than comparable Glock and Steyr guns. Plus I shall always loathe the grip safety on any gun. I like my grip angle to have more slant to it.

They are reliable pistols and well made I will say that. I just dont buy their ergonomics. I would much rather have the earlier Croat HS95(Sig based) than the HS2000 which is the XD.

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If Daniel says it's good, it's gotta be.

I so can't wait to get it and firing it. It'll be my first pistol. You can bet picts will be forthcoming.

Vostok 7

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh, no one can find any 5" Tacticals around.

I'm ALMOST tempted to just give up and get a 4" Service since they're everywhere but I really really want the 5" :(

Vostok 7

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love the XD's and I thought that I wouldn't before I shot them. I'm not a big fan of striker fired pistols and don't like grip safties. But after shooting one I found it's the best "feeling" pistol in my big goofy hands. I was going to get a 5" but after shooting the 4" & 5" a few times back to back...I'm going to go with a Black 4" ported XD .45 I like the recoil spring in the 4" a lot better. It's a two piece type model.

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mach5 said:
I love the XD's and I thought that I wouldn't before I shot them. I'm not a big fan of striker fired pistols and don't like grip safties. But after shooting one I found it's the best "feeling" pistol in my big goofy hands. I was going to get a 5" but after shooting the 4" & 5" a few times back to back...I'm going to go with a Black 4" ported XD .45 I like the recoil spring in the 4" a lot better. It's a two piece type model.
It's also a captured recoil spring on the 4" and smaller.

They make the ported 4" in .45ACP?

Vostok 7

·
Registered
363 Posts
Vostok 7 said:
It's also a captured recoil spring on the 4" and smaller.

They make the ported 4" in .45ACP?

Vostok 7
The recoil spring on the 5" XD I fired looked like a one piece spring, it had one spring on the rod. The 4" XD spring had a 2 spring set up like my USP.

The recoil wasn't bad at all on both of them and I really wanted the 5". But after shooting them a few times, I just liked the control and after shot placement of the 4" way better.

The shop I've been going to said the ported 4" XD .45 will be out at the end of winter....don't know how true that is and if it's not true, I'll just get a non-ported pistol. Like I've said above the recoil isn't bad on these pistols. I'd get a ported one if they are out/come out at the time I'm ready to buy.

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YAY! Looks like they finally got one!

Now I just gotta find money...

Vostok 7

·
Registered
442 Posts
As I can see from the posts before me, I'm the only one here that owns an XD. I own an XD 40 Service Model, and I love the shit out of it. Like Adler said, the trigger is rough compared to a Glock, but I personally like the grip angle more (1911 fan from Hell here). It's one of the best pistols that I own.

P.S. I missed this forum. Not having internet SUCKS, by the way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Noob luker here, but thought I'd chime in :). I have a XD 45 ACP Service, absolutely love it. Well constructed (especially with the newer melonite coating) and very comfortable grip. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
1,099 Posts
Shad said:
As I can see from the posts before me, I'm the only one here that owns an XD. I own an XD 40 Service Model, and I love the shit out of it. Like Adler said, the trigger is rough compared to a Glock, but I personally like the grip angle more (1911 fan from Hell here). It's one of the best pistols that I own.

P.S. I missed this forum. Not having internet SUCKS, by the way.
I wondered where you went, what happen to your internet?

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well went and looked at it tonight. She's a beauty! It's a black one... Not quite what I wanted but I can always re-coat the polymer.

It'll be mine next week! I can't wait!

Vostok 7

·
Registered
442 Posts
Gun-Nut said:
I wondered where you went, what happen to your internet?
Moved into a new apartment, took forever to get internet hooked up. Now that I have it, just need to get time off work enough to post. Between work and side projects, I have next to no free time. Usually just have enough time to read through the posts and that's it.

·
I can has M700 AICS!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got it out and shot it. I love this thing. The sights are so natural it's amazing. And it's pretty accurate too.

My buddy came over and he's got a well used 9mm Service (4" barrel) that he claims has the "Tactical" spring. He said "XD's suck, I can't hit the side of a barn with mine." Everyone shot the .45ACP and promptly told him that he must be some kind of sucky shot, or his XD is terribly worn out :D

I'm sold on the XD. The 9mm model looked like the baby of my .45.

Vostok 7

1 - 19 of 19 Posts