Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been looking all over the place asking ppl and wondering what is the best "newbie friendly" gun under $300. I was looking at the famas but dont really like bullpups and was considering the g3sas but I have no idea so can someone help me please. edit/ also has to be from aex and has to toatl up with beginner kit.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Are you in close proximity to 1 of AEX's stores? I'd highly suggest you go visit and test fire whatever you want. I'm assuming you are lookign for an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun).

In Tokyo Marui's line of AEG's, they are all reliable and affordable and fall within your $300 budget inc beginner package. I'd suggest you look at the lines with the most after market upgrades. M4/M16's, AK's, G3's, Mp5s, P90's, M14's. The TM Uzi, Famas, Sigs and Thompsons are not easily upgradeable and have limited 3rd party upgrades.

Either way you go, stock TM AEG's will all fire about the same. It's mostly about looks. There are differences like between gearbox versions, but that's a LONG explanation. So you want to look for something that you can affordably upgrade at a later date.

CA, G&G, G&P, Star, VFC, Top are also good AEG's but they all need some tweaking of some sort. Luckily AEX backs everything they sell (Sometimes WAY outta warranty).

Don't be afraid when you narrow your search down, to ask AEX directly of what they think. They'll give you the lowdown on a reliable AEG based on what they are seeing come back as returns.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ORCA said:
Are you in close proximity to 1 of AEX's stores? I'd highly suggest you go visit and test fire whatever you want. I'm assuming you are lookign for an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun).

no I live in IL and nowhere near chichago and airsofting is a joke in my town

ORCA said:
So you want to look for something that you can affordably upgrade at a later date.
yea

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
ok. both are good guns. up to you which style you like better.

The TM M16A2 is the 1st Generation of TM Armalite style. It will have the well documented TM M16 1st Gen problems, barrel wobble, body weak around the takedown pins, etc. It will have greater range and fps due to the long inner barrel. Upgrades and add-on are plentiful.

The TM M4 S-System and the TM M4 New Version are the 2nd Gen of the TM Armalite family and have made improvments to deal with the above mentioned problems.
M4 S-System Info
M4 New Version Info

The G3 SAS is the 2nd Gen in the already "bullet proof" TM G3 family design. Only down side is it's not based on a real gun (You can't have a 7.62 bullet/magazine with a 9mm charging handle/ejection port). Upgrades and add-on are plentiful.

Here's what I did with my G3SAS:
http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=29

So as I said before it's really up to you style wise.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Depends on how handy you are with tools. You basically have to strip the entire gun down to do the rewire. It's not hard, just an involved process.

Put it this way. I own alot fo airsoft guns... The last rewire job I did to my M4 R.I.S. I had the techs at AEX do.

But the Airsoft Guide DVD vol 1 will walk you through th eprocess:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2338

If you buy both the G3 SAS and the Stock from AEX you can request for them to do the install/rewiring for you too.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Ask AEX... They may just do it for you at a discounted price if you buy everything at once. But you have to ask them.

I'd have to say though, If this is your first decent airsoft gun, buy it stock and add stuff to it later once you get comfortable with it. At least you'll have a baseline of how it's supposed to work.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yes, you can either add a metal body or reinforced outer barrel or both. Metal Body by itself should do the trick, but if you choose to add a railed foregrip later, you may want the reinforced outer barrel.

G&G makes an A2 style armalite with metal body already and Classic Army make a metal bodied A4 style. You'd still want to look into a reinforced outer barrel depending if you add a full railed foregrip.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
o never mind you fixed it you had "G36 SAS Shoulder Stock Extended" instead of
"G3 SAS Shoulder Stock Extended"

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
ill sell you my Classic Army M4 for $200. its in 9/10 condition. just a little surface wear. ill even throw in a battery and a couple mags.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts