Gun Forums banner

New pistol suggestions...?

950 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Adler
Looking for a new gun.

Fairly simple requirements...

Girlfriend will be using it, so the following things are most important
1) Size/ergonomics. She has small hands, my xd-9 is too big for her.
2) Accuracy. It doesn't need to be competition accurate, but i think its better to have a gun that rewards practice (I'm trying to introduce her to shooting)
3) Recoil. She did ok shooting my friends .357 revolver (long barrel), but I think the xd was a little too light and snappy for her.

Obviously other things like reliablility and price are a factor, but I'm not too concerned about things as long as the first 3 conditions are met.
Gun will strictly be used for plinking/range use. Leanng towards smaller calibers for obvious reasons.

Any opinions on either Walther P22 or Sig Mosquito? I don't hear much about them, and when I do, it seems to be mixed at best. I've shot Ruger's .22 before, thats an option. Open to suggestions...
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
If this is just for practice, there is no reason to go to a centerfire I would look at the ruger 22/45 since the grip angle is the same as most handguns...except the glock.

For centerfire and HD, I would suggest the M&P in 9mm, the adjustable backstrap will help with the fit
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.