Gun Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$300 + tax/fees, and a helluva lot of patience paid off yesterday when I picked up my newest handgun.

and cuz eye strain sucks

hell, even included the holster, w/(Bundeswehr?) markings.

one question though, anyone know where I can get a pdf manual for this? I was just able to get this thing back together after trying to break it down w/ no instruction, :oops: *stares at shoes*

will take 'er out next week and kill some paper dead, kinda gives me a case of the warm fuzzies to have a cold war relic. more to come.

adios muchachos,

-Dee

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind about the manual, just recieved it via Deutsch Post, it's only been two days since I emailed them, jeez laweeze...

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Enjoy I have the slightly older commercial P38 marked series and mine if from 12/61. They are such great and relaible guns. Mine eats any type of ammo even JHP. Not bad for a gun without a ramped barrel. If you haven any questions let me know I can answer them. Tis my fav pistol next to the luger.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not scraped, the paint around the numbers is just flecking off a little, its a ligit sale, milsurp.- although i used to have a neighbor that offered to sell me an ak for 400, he's going to be getting out of prison this september for being a felon in possesion (no joke).

im kinda wondering how the spent cases are going to fly, with the slide back, the open breach is seemingly huge. trail by firing to commence soon...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely give us your view on this gun when you're able to shoot it.

I don't know of any .pdf manual for the P1. However, head over to www.waltherforums.com and ask the guys there. Many own the P38 and P1 and should be able to guide ya through it no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Nice looking gun. It's great to own a piece of history like that. :)

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
just go t0 surplusrifle.com for the instructions.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took er down to Los Altos last saturday w/ all the other toys and was very satisfied with the results, not including operator error of course. Used MagTec 9mm 115grn FMJ at 10yards, this was near the end of the day for me and I was starting to develop a flinch, so I ended up spraying the targets pretty bad but managed to keep most of it on the paper (hell, if I get 6in groupings I'm a happy man). though earlier on in the day I was picking off gallon jugs @ 50 yds with realitive ease, so there still may be hope for me after all...

All in all the p1 preformed beautifully on its own, no FTF, no failures to eject, alls I had to do was take it out of the box and it operates perfectly, even after 25years of mystery usage, a great value for the bread.

So I'm keeping it in the regular use rotation and utilize the heavy DA trigger to build up both indexes & steady the hand. Also teh spent cases seemed to fly everywhere, sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes on top of my head three times in a row... maybe because I was outdoors, but whatever, the casings can go wherever they like, so long as the shots are consistent.

d-roq

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Yeah they tend to do that due to the open top slide. The DA trigger is heavy but in SA mode its so sweet and light.

I love mine.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
cant cold blue aluminum, and its really the anodizing because the frame is done prior to the serial being stamped. Mine was the same way with the importer marks from Interarms. Birchwood casey makes aluminum blackener that works ok. A sharpie doesnt do too bad either.

·
Negative Nancy
1,164 Posts
Adler said:
cant cold blue aluminum, and its really the anodizing because the frame is done prior to the serial being stamped. Mine was the same way with the importer marks from Interarms. Birchwood casey makes aluminum blackener that works ok. A sharpie doesnt do too bad either.
the trick to the alu blackener is to heat up the metal first, then dab it on lightly til it bubbles, count to about 5 and wash it off. it'll look pretty decent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts