Gun Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's starting to warm up outside and my SIG is to big to carry in lighter clothing with out it printing very obviously so I need to pick up something smaller what does everyone recommend in a compact or sub comp.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
If you like 9mm and like cocked and locked carry look at the FM Hi Power Detective compact they have at Sarco. Its 299 new.

Other than that I would say a Makarov might not be a bad buy. Those Bersa are really nice as well.

Or maybe a subbie 38/357 of some sort would be a good idea. I dont know how you dress so its kind of hard.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts

* Pre-Ban 13 Round Magazine
* New Production
* Packaged in Glazed Cardboard Box with Manual
* Ambidextrous Safety
* Firing Pin Safety
* Adjustable Front and Rear Sights (Dovetail Front Sights)
* 3 Dot Combat Sight Set
* All Steel Construction
* Milled Non-Glared Top Slide Rib
* All Parts Interchangeable with Mil-Spec Hi-Power
* Anatomical grips composition with ambidextrous grooved thumb rest
* Up grades are analogous to the FN MK III's hi power
* Finish is traditional FN type military finish - baked on black enamel over parkerizing - looks great!

New from SARCO for 299

or if you like 1911s

New production with one magazine, hard case and gun lock.

6 round magazine capacity.

3 ¼” hard chrome bull barrel.

Lowered and flared ejection port.

All steel, precision machined from ordnance grade 4140 steel.

Full length guide rod.

Mahogany wood grips.

Recoil spring guide rod.

Same price, same place. They arent fancy(US GI milspec) by any means but I havent seen them malfunction ever. I do like teh hi power better though

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Woah $300? you say there good? is there any known thing wrong with them?

I have been looking for a 1911 for some time but cant bring myself to pay much on a damn handgun. I was planning on building one from parts but you never know how those old missmatched can turn out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was checking out those S&W scadnium 38/357 snubbies last time I was in the local gun shop. Seems like a great CCW gun to me, super light, small, revolver reliability, and you can shoot as light or as powerful as you want to out of it. The grips were small, but felt better than most of the super compact auto's. I'm sure in 357 it would take some getting used to, but I doubt it's any worse than my 454 snubbie.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
fatcat said:
Woah $300? you say there good? is there any known thing wrong with them?

I have been looking for a 1911 for some time but cant bring myself to pay much on a damn handgun. I was planning on building one from parts but you never know how those old missmatched can turn out.

Most require some slight breaking in like the old colts did but I hvent heard any problem with them not fucntioning, The mags they come with are junk so get a different one but thats all.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
.357 Derringer. Very small, yet very effective. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
fatcat said:
Im guessing they take normal 1911 mags?

They are mil spec so the compat is basically a copy of the original colt commander...just without teh alloy frame.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dress will range from cargo shorts and Tshirt to slacks and polo or button down in most cases. Formal dress is no bigie as a dinner jacket easily covers my sig,

Caliber doesn't really matter but I don't want to go smaller than .380. I always have something in my vehicle so this will be a "gun to fight my way back to the gun I never should have left in the first place type"

As far as derringers a 357 in a gun that small is a bitch to hang onto.

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Id reccomend the FM oer teh 45 for the sheer reason it still takes fullsize mags.....i forgot to checkyour state. 13rds versus 6 is a pluis there.Plus it has fully adjustable front and rear sights that you could customize with fiber optic or night sights. It also has firing pin safety and an extended safety...this gives it 2 of the most common(sights and safety) modifications done to most Hi Powers

If you live in a liberal state with hi cap ban still in place then the 45 would be better.

Id reccomed you shoot a PPK or Bersa before buying since they have a tendancy to hammer bite some hands. Atleast on the FM you have the ring hammer which fixes that problem, and on the 1911 you just have to put a extended beaver tail to fix that if its an issue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts