Gun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy of NY is introducing a bill to ban assault weapons... Her website link and more info is listed below.

Quote:
Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy of NY is exploiting the deaths of innocent people in recent shootings in PA and UT. She claims on her website that 10 people were killed in the UT shooting. 5 people were killed in this tragedy. I think I speak for the gun owners of America when I say that congresswoman McCarthy's exploitation and outright lying about recent tragedies to promote an assault weapons ban will not be tolerated! The congresswoman is using the deaths of these citizens of Utah to further her own political gains, and may actually be disappointed that more people were not killed.

Please spread the word about what this woman is trying to do. Also, be sure and go to her website so you can read "in her own words" of what she plans to do.

Source: carolynmccarthy.house.gov/index.cfm?ContentID=686&ParentID=0&SectionID=32&SectionTree=32&lnk=b&ItemID=675

Here is some of her contact info, I'll keep looking for an e-mail address for her. I suggest everyone get in touch with their state representatives and head this woman off at the pass...

Washington Office:

106 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: 202-225-5516

Nassau Office:

200 Garden City Plaza
Suite 320
Garden City, N.Y. 11530
Phone: 516-739-3008

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Makes so much sense.....the UT assailant killed everyone with a shotgun, so lets ban assault weapons.

Jesus shit was a fucktard.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
This won't pass.

Look at how there wasn't an increase of assault weapon shootings since the ban expired. How does this makes sense? HOW?!

I doubt this will pass. Idiot demos.

·
Negative Nancy
1,164 Posts
brucelee said:
This won't pass.

Look at how there wasn't an increase of assault weapon shootings since the ban expired. How does this makes sense? HOW?!

I doubt this will pass. Idiot demos.

no, just idiots.

i still find it funny that one party's "line" is to disrupt the 2nd amendment and everyone gets all razzled. the other party violates half of the rest of them, and no one cares.

·
Registered
996 Posts
einzelherz said:
no, just idiots.

i still find it funny that one party's "line" is to disrupt the 2nd amendment and everyone gets all razzled. the other party violates half of the rest of them, and no one cares.
no, idiot liberals. Party lines don't matter any more. It just happens that the majority of liberals happen to be dems. Meh...

Buy em now before you can't buy em at all.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
We all knew this was comeing, we have to do something about it this time. Brady2 is nothing at all like the first one, from what I have read its the stupdist thing ever created by the libs (thats saying alot), its going to be bad for all of us owners, builders and even the military... We have to fight this one and not just stand there and watch it pass.. because if we do stand here it will pass.

DJ 9iron said:
Buy em now before you can't buy em at all.
Indeed... I got a few things already marked to buy if it happens.
C-mags
AK recevers
AR recevers
Lots of high cap mags
as many rifles as I can.... I have quit buying things I know will not be banned.

This brings be to something funny.. Everyone I know is buying semiauto guns before there banned... So more people are buying because of the ban comeing than would have if it was not... same thing happened with .50's...

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Everyone has it all wrong.
We need to ban the sale of trenchcoats and be on the lookout for all those who wear them to schools, malls, or public places where it isn't cold or raining...

- Sarah Connor

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything." - Kyle Reese, 'The Terminator'

·
Registered
996 Posts
If only...

I have been hearing some chatter in regards to that recent mall shooting though being pro-gun. People have been actually saying that if more people were armed that the casualties could have been reduced or avoided altogether.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
DJ 9iron said:
If only...

I have been hearing some chatter in regards to that recent mall shooting though being pro-gun. People have been actually saying that if more people were armed that the casualties could have been reduced or avoided altogether.
But the people singing that song will likely be folks like us, so called 'gun nuts' , huffing each others vapors.

Meanwhile the antis like ever are likely saying we need more cops on the street...on every block _everywhere_ and in every store of the mall...because proof is in the pudding there was a cop on site and he stopped the bad man even as he was off duty. Atleast untill it starts looking all Orwellian arounf here and then they start crowing about how the New World Order is taking over and it's fascist pigs who require a pass for everythign from flying to entering ones own elementary school...blah blah metal detectors are everywhere, whine.
As well they are going to continue with the guns kill people rhetoric and the "assault weapons" aren't used by hunters bologna even as in this case the dude used a Cheney brand scattergun. Oh, and folks of all kinds will be crowing that we need to inspect every type of Muslim and Islamic any person and lets not forget people with red dots on their heads because they're just strange and Africans too because if they have matching limbs then they must have been part of the machette hacking crew in their native country and can't be trusted here.

Meanwhile I'm on the way out to True Value Hardware to pickup some commercial grade liquid Drano and I'll be tooling up with a Colt 'Defender' and 8+1 with 8 more in Hydrashock flavor on my sides just in case I spot some trenchcoats.

- Janq

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Janq said:
Everyone has it all wrong.
We need to ban the sale of trenchcoats and be on the lookout for all those who wear them to schools, malls, or public places where it isn't cold or raining...

- Sarah Connor

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything." - Kyle Reese, 'The Terminator'

Hey some of us get cold easier than others

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
In Philadelphia, a gunman opened fire on his colleagues using an AK-47 assault rifle he legally purchased. These dangerous weapons, which are intended to hit multiple targets in a short period of time, were allowed back on our streets when the federal ban on assault weapons expired in 2004. The deaths in Philadelphia could have been prevented if Congress had done its job of protecting the homeland and renewed the assault weapons ban."

I like that... All the post ban weapons where not nearly as deadly as they are now..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bans will come & go. By what you want now in preparation for a rainy day. Anyone who hasn't bought a legal-for-anyone-to-own-AK-part-set will be crying later when they can't.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've been wanting to purchase a smaller sized pistol recently. I'm almost positive I'll be picking up an AR with my tax return at one of the upcoming spring gun shows.

·
Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about gu
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A little more to chew on:

Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (Introduced in House)
The Attorney General Will Decide Which Weapon Is Suitable For Hunting And
Which Is NOT

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022:
HR 1022 IH

Yet Another "Assault" On Your 2nd Amendment Rights...

In 2004 the United States Congress rightly allowed the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" to sunset after 10 years in law. It seems that the wisdom of the 2004 congress has been forgotten. On February 13, 2007, HR 1022 or the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 was introduced by Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY). This bill (now in committee) proposes to permanently reinstate the 1994 ban and add even more draconian provisions; essentially banning all rifles not traditionally used for hunting or sport and high-capacity (or FULL capacity) magazines. Even more disturbing is the fact that, at his/her sole discretion, the United States Attorney General can determine the classification (therefore legality) of any firearm.

We at TGSCOM are obviously appalled at the lengths that some of our elected officials will go to erode, or in some cases destroy, our rights afforded to us by the 2nd Amendment. It's time that we are heard. We urge you to contact your elected representatives and let them know that this proposed ban is an affront to the law abiding citizens that choose to safely and legally own firearms.

Following are some excerpts from HR1022 that we find particularly troubling:

SEC. 7. STRENGTHENING THE BAN ON THE POSSESSION OR TRANSFER OF A LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE.
(a) Ban on Transfer of Semiautomatic Assault Weapon With Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device-
(1) IN GENERAL- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after subsection (y) the following:
(z) It shall be unlawful for any person to transfer any assault weapon with a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'.
SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.
(a) In General- Section 921(a)(30) of title 18, United States Code, as added by section 2(a) of this Act, is amended to read as follows:
(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following
(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:
`(ii) AR-10;
`(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;
`(v) Calico Liberty;
`(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;
`(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
`(xi) M1 Carbine;
`(xii) Saiga;
`(xviii) Sturm, Ruger Mini-14;
`(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has--
`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
`(ii) a threaded barrel;
`(iii) a pistol grip;
`(iv) a forward grip; or
`(v) a barrel shroud.
`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
SEC. 5. REPEAL OF CERTAIN EXEMPTIONS.
Section 922(v)(3) of title 18, United States Code, as added by section 2(a) of this Act, is amended by striking `(3)' and all that follows through the 1st sentence and inserting the following:
`(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any firearm that--
`(A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, level, or slide action;
`(B) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
`(C) is an antique firearm.'.

Read the full text here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1022:

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Dear God.... I cant even read this shit, makes me sick.

Something has got to happen here soon.. we cant let these fuckers keep rapeing our rights up the ass...

What scares me the most...

"Ban on Transfer of Semiautomatic Assault rifles"

Everyone go buy your mags now, or you will never get the chance to..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts