Gun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a stock CA G36C for the games I play, with a half decent battery. It's OK and all (although there are a few minor issues), but I plan on getting some upgrades for it, as well as some sort of grenade launcher. But, we'll get to that later. Right now, I'm planning on getting a G&G GR16-R5 (Ver.2005), and converting it into a passable sniper rifle. Despite what I've read on some forums about G&G's internals being total crap, I just finished reading the review on Arnie's Airsoft, and it sounds like the only real problem is with the hop-up. So, if anyone has had experience with it, I'd like to hear about it. (It'll be a while before I end up actually buying it) Currently, my shopping cart (at Den Trinity, because they have it in stock) contains:

G&G GR16-R5 (Ver. 2005)
King Arms Rail Mount folding Handguard Bipod
Guarder T.R.S Reticle Intensified Tactical scope (4x)

Total cost without shipping: $622.00

I'd like to get a silencer/supressor, because they look really cool (if nothing else), and some power upgrades. (~330 FPS won't quite cut it, I don't think, I'm looking to get right around 400) Plus, anything else I think of between now and whenever I order it. ;)

So as I said, if anyone's had experience with any of those three things, or you have suggestions, please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
lol yes if you send AEX your gun they will install any upgrade you pay for.

To answer Scir's question more directly. For the amount of money you are gonna spend def fire off an email to AEX and ask them their opinion on the G&G subject. What always bothered me about the the CA, G&G, and other chinese brands is they beta test their product on the paying consumer. (i.e. have many revisions and sometimes recalls of their product).

The one thing you may be going backwwards on are Armalite style AEG's are mostly based on teh version 2 gearbox and the inherient probs with them (i.e. motoe mont is the plastic pistol grip w/ no metal reinforcment, hop up by design is harder to adjust, etc).

You currently have the G36 which is based on the version 3 gearbox. which is a better design then the version 2.etc. Now it being a CA rather then a Marui makes it a little different, but CA seems to have learned their lesson of releasing products before they properly tested them. G&G, Star, and the smaller chinese mfgs, don't really have that luxury.

Out side of that, get a reddot/reflex style scope with no magnification. An airsoft bb really won't travel that far and stay within your scope with an AEG. So a magnified scope just give you tunnel vision at best. reddot/reflex style scopes let you aim with both eyes open, adn have much better eye relief for those skirmishes that require full face masks. The magnified scopes are great for looks on a proper sniper rifle and 1 day I hope some mfg make non magnified rifle scopes like Guarder did with their reddot ACOG. (ACOG are supposed to be magnified). Another prob with an AEG sniper is the AEG's are plain too noisy for you to be in a sniper role. Silencers help, but people zero in on you pretty fast.

On the FPS end just check with the group you play with. I've seen many, many times, a guy with a stock 270fps AEG out flank/play a n00b with upgraded gun. Upgrade your internals when it makes sense to do so. Each time you upgrade something it shortens the life of a realted component. (i.e. high compression spring = more motor load, etc)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I knew I could send it to AEX to get it upgraded, that's not exactly what I was asking. I probably should have specified that I already know the limits of where I will be playing (400, in most cases). I was more wondering which upgrades I should get while keeping it under that limit. (Such as a tightbore barrell, upgraded gearbox, whatever) I was also asking if there were any accessories I should get that I forgot about. Such as the magazines I just now remembered. ;)

On the subject of the scope/sight: I don't know if it's something wrong with my eyes or something (beyond the fact that my eyesight in general is horrible), but I can't use a sight of any kind with both eyes open, I don't know why. And due to my bad eyesight, I've found that a sight with low magnification actually does help me somewhat.

As for what you said about seeing people with stock guns owning people with upgraded guns, I know that quite well, I did it at the last game I played. (accidentally popped a guy with an M14 that we could tell was shooting over the limit of 400 fps in the ear.) :D

Also, I will have my trusty sidearm, in case anything goes wrong, or I get spotted. Maruzen MP5K. buwahahaha. :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts