Gun Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i was thinking of getting a kel tec for my next rifle. but i just got some more money so now i have around $750. im wandering what i should get now. should i still go for the kel tec or something different..

i was thinking an ar style but im still not sure how that hole thing works. i guess you buy it part by part and build it? maybe i could buy a couple of parts?

other options are
m1 carbine(nolonger option)
Hi point carbine (no longer option)
pc 40
vepr II
beretta cx4
edit: ruger mini 14 also option

i live in CA so my options are severly restricted anyone have some information to help me out with my next purchase

i really want an m1a but i cant save up $1400.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
-Jason

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Id say the kel tec is a good idea

Stay away from Hi Point.

The m1 carbine is also a good idea for a plinker. Just watch out for Universla brand some are not in spec.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Go for the Kel Tec SU-16CA. I love mine. There's a pic of it in the Member's Gallery.

-Chris

·
Registered
66 Posts
switch said:
i really want an m1a but i cant save up $1400.
Just because you got $750 doesn't mean you have to go and drop it on something. You'er already half way there. I guess it's just about how bad you want it.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Its always better to just save up and buy what you truely want the most at the time, other wise you will regreat it after words. Many of us have learned this over time just save up and buy what you truely want when you can because if you dont do it now you may not be able to in the future. I have learned this now... I was going to be getting a few things like a browning 1919 belt fed but its going to take some time because the money I was saveing for it I blew on some other parts.

That and M-14's are some bad ass rifles and not everyone has them so if you get one of those you got something special there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
fatcat said:
Its always better to just save up and buy what you truely want the most at the time, other wise you will regreat it after words. Many of us have learned this over time just save up and buy what you truely want when you can because if you dont do it now you may not be able to in the future. I have learned this now... I was going to be getting a few things like a browning 1919 belt fed but its going to take some time because the money I was saveing for it I blew on some other parts.

That and M-14's are some bad ass rifles and not everyone has them so if you get one of those you got something special there.
yes it is better to save up for the gun u truely do want or u might think "Damn, i wish id spent the money on that..."

and hell yes M-14's are kickass guns, my friend bought 1 a while ago, i played with it and never had a prob.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i wouldn't mind having something with a bolt action...i just love bolt actions but don't own one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i think im just going to wait a couple of months and get the m14. ive wanted one for years. i think its best to wait. thanks

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
bassplayrr said:
Go for the Kel Tec SU-16CA. I love mine. There's a pic of it in the Member's Gallery.

-Chris

I have the same rifle (Well, I have the SU-16B)... My friends is super reliable, however mine has issues loading rounds into the chamber... At first I thought it was the mags, but it isn't as Ive tried more than 20+ magazines. I really need to take it apart and clean the hell out of it... No idea what is causing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts