Gun Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much help from ORCA and the Joey at AEX Torrance I have just acquired my newest GBB.

A Western Arms SCW MEU 1911!

I am extremely pleased with the purchase. I've only put about 100 rounds through her so far and I couldn't be happier.

The weight, feel, sound, accuracy.. Everything is amazing. It puts my KSC P230sl GBB to SHAME.

So, thank you AEX and thank you ORCA!

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
hehe you couldn't wait until Saturday! Nice choice bud! Congrats! I said you should test fire thenm nto buy 1 lol!

Did you get a chance to see the dif between yours and the SCW3 while you were there?

It is kinda sad that your other GBB's feel more like toys after you get a WA.

And perfect shemagh backdrop!!!

Yeah Joey's a good guy ;)

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
You're making me jealous man...

Hey ORCA, how does that pistol compare to a KSC (I think) Glock 18C in terms of reliability?

My glock has been by far the most reliable pistol of all the pistols I've been in contact with... My friends Beretta 92FS, my friends Glock 26, etc, etc all seem to have issues. I guess I was lucky?

I have to make a confession, I haven't been the best father to my G18C, in the two years that I've owned it (I bought it from a friend, it has a metal slide with all the markings, and lower reciever with all the markings as well), I've lubed my mags like 3 times... and well, the pistol will barely fire now because the seals have dried up and wont contain the green gas worth a damn.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Also, it's amazing how much attention to detail the producers of these guns take... Like, there's no way I'd be able to tell that was an airsoft gun unless I cocked the slide back or ejected the magazine... (or looked into the barrel... heheh). Paintball guys are always asking me why I'm into airsoft and how paintball is so superior... then I reply with "Yeah, get back to me when you guys start using simunition and your guns actually look and operate like real guns. ; ) "

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Well there's absolutely nothing wrong with KSC/KWA as far as quality/reliability goes. WA is just one of those small, extra detail oriented shops (at least it used to be). I didn't have a WA for the longest time, KSC and Marui GBB's but once you get a decent WA, it's hard to compare from a quality of build standpoint.

Here's a kidna neat visual comparison. This was made before Western Arms released their version on the Kimber Warrior, but it's stil a good comparison: (Notice even the plastic slide of the WA looks almost identical to the Real Kimber slide)

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=32

Next time you get a chance to go to AEX try and get some trigger time on a WA.

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Damn, that is some attention to detail... Its one thing to copy a Glock, which is a simple ass gun with little moving parts, but damn, they captured the essence of that 1911!

ORCA, you're in the bay area right? Do you ever attend the big fort ord events?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Neg I'm in Socal, but i did have the good fortune to play Fort Ord when the prison was open for play ;) "yet another thing that sperates airsoft from paintball. Alot of airsoft events play on real military bases"

Have you been to any of the Round House production events at the Ord yet? http://www.cqbchallenge.com/html/cqb_challenge.html

they ran it in the old barracks complex ;)

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Next time you're up to play in the gay area, let me know man... I wanna meet up with you! :) Take some pics and have the first ever Gunatics meet. :D

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Perhaps we can also meet at an actual gun range, I'll bring the artilary if you don't have any. :D Hell, bring Peter and the other guys that you're friends with at AEX... I know Shaun and a couple others pretty good... I've known Peter for quite some time... back from when they had their old, old, shop. :) (They have come a LOOOONG ass way)

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
PPS: Sadly, my airsoft collection is a G18C and a TM AK that is hopped up to 400fps. :( I can't justify buying airsoft rifles when I can buy real guns... you know what I mean? I mean, I want more airsoft guns (Had an MP5K, but donated it to my less fortunate friend who is really poor and really digs airsoft), but damn, it's like a friggin addiction when you go into that shop, so I try not to go as often as possible, because I know I'll end up spending more money than I should! DAMNIT! I KNOW you of all people know all about it. lol

*Daniel is not responsible for any posts created after 3:00am.*

LIBERIA!!!! BEATCH! ;)

·
Annihilator
4,782 Posts
Indeed, thus is why I never disclose exactly what I have... just some of what I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts