Gun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
ooh I like the 9mm conversions, Im considering it myself on my next AR-15 build, its going to be a .223 AR-15 pistol with a Beta C mag or a 9mm rifle or a 45cal conversion kit rifle.

Nice weapon there, I like to see people keeping there AR-15's basic bare bones, the classic style it was made to be.

OH one question

Are those STEN mags? or are they real Colt 9mm mags? I was wondering how well the STEN mags run in rifles because I can get them for like 2 bucks un issued.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brucelee said:
EVIL!!!!! :lol:

Looks awesome man.

How much of a pain was it to convert to 9mm?
No conversion neccesary. Olympic Arms offers AR-15s in 9mm... This gun has performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm considering buying a 9mm Bushmaster carbine, would you say the 9mm's are more fun to shoot then a 5.56?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Certainyl cheaper, anyway, but i wouldn't expect the same performance, naturally :)

·
Premium Member
7,393 Posts
Not much cheapr I imagine. I mean I get 9mm for 4.90 a box and 223 for 2.70 so yea its cheaper by a few cents here or there.

Has anyone ever shot the Oly Arms AR Pistols? I want one just to well...have one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't understand why people like 9mm, from what I've heard it doesn't have a whole lot of stopping power and lacks ANY armor-piercing abilities. Looks awesome though....

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
MrRecon said:
I'm considering buying a 9mm Bushmaster carbine, would you say the 9mm's are more fun to shoot then a 5.56?

Not at all... its a bit more quiet for one, also its something different, and they are quite fun to shoot. I hate 9mm handguns.... truely.. but from a rifle the 9mm's ballistics are quite surprising.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ballisticwatermellon said:
I don't understand why people like 9mm, from what I've heard it doesn't have a whole lot of stopping power and lacks ANY armor-piercing abilities. Looks awesome though....
Two reasons I got a 9mm AR-15.

1. I don't need a home defense .223 that is able to easily go through multiple walls of a house. In "my" situation, a 9mm AR-15 is a better indoors home defense setup. Again, that is my situation. Other people's results may vary.

2. It is something different. I always enjoy owning guns that not everyone else has. That's just me.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts