Gun Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm whoring the shit out of these things I figured I'd drop by to show off my AK builds.

Both started as cheap Romy G AKM parts kits. They are both built on Nodak Spud NDS-3 receivers. The rifle is done and it's got a Tapco GD trigger group, US made pistol grip and flash hider for compliance parts. I've refinished a set of furniture with tung oil as the original sets would have been and then I painted another set with wrinkle finish paint, then flat camo paint.

I cut the pistol barrel down myself but I didn't cut so much that I would have to shorten the gas system. It's going to get a Tapco G2 trigger group (because they work great) and I bought a block off plate for the rear trunnion from Cope's dist. I still need to buy the trigger group, then I can test fire it. Once I know it shoots allright I can tear it all back down for loctite and finishing.

Building these has been so much fun I'd like to do another. Hit me up if you've got any questions.

Dusty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used screws on both of them. I'd like to do one with rivets but I didn't want to remove the barrell since I'm a gun building noob. So I did screw builds so I didn't have to worry about headspacing.

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
I was thinking of doing an AMD-65 or some kind of 74 here soon before they totaly ban the parts kits.

Yeah, I saw the screws a second ago after I posted that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fatcat said:
I was thinking of doing an AMD-65 or some kind of 74 here soon before they totaly ban the parts kits.

Yeah, I saw the screws a second ago after I posted that.
An AMD would be sweet. Yeah, I don't see this hobby being allowed very much longer. There are too many gun manufacturers losing money on gun sales due to it. I'm sure they'll sick some lobbyists on it to get some ignorant laws made up.

The screws work great. Getting the holes tapped it kind of a beeotch because you have to use a bottoming tap and the metal is harder than hammered hell. But once you get them tapped it's pretty easy and it works great as long as you loctite your screws so they never back out. I used red loctite so they'll never come out, no matter what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts