Gun Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have railed a number times under various topics about how much wang my Well P-90 bites. Its muzzle velocity ought to be 200fps according to the manufacturer, but it has consitantly chronoed at 90fps. It occurs to me that I was using 0.2g BB's to chrono it, which are 40% more massive than the 0.12's that ship with LPEG's such as my beast. Does anyone think I can expect a significant difference using 0.12's? Is it worth trudging back out to AEX and running a comparison?

Peace,
Hans

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yes you will get more muzzle velocity with .12's but yrou accuracy wil lgo to shiz. .12's just don't have the mass to much past 10-15 feet. Mostly due to company not really manufacturing a decent .12 bbs, but also due to bb mass.

And to help you confirm, Well and the other cheaper brands callout fps based on .12's. TM also did the same thing with their AEP Pistols adn th eBoys AEG line. 200fps, but with .12's.

On the other end of the spectrum the 8mm .34 bb's are just a problematic due to the increased surface area and not enough force.

So 90fps with .20 sounds about right. The prob is I dunno how much screwing around you can do to a Well p90 internally to increase it's fps performance anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts