Gun Forums banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nose Nuggets said:
its loads of fun. give me a few server ips that you play on. My handle is ChristopherHitchens.
Turd Ferguson or Killer B (if Turd is empty or not much fun, which is rare) :shoot:

·
2,829 Posts
Draken said:
PSN account JEHowley, just got COD:MW2 going to jump online here in a bit for the first time with this game, but also play battlefield bad company and Haze.
Don't feel bad Draken, I still haven't tried it online. I'm sort of scared about how badly I'll get my ass handed to me with out a keyboard and mouse :lol:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
kartoffel said:
Don't feel bad Draken, I still haven't tried it online. I'm sort of scared about how badly I'll get my ass handed to me with out a keyboard and mouse :lol:
try it online, it's a blast notwithstanding the fact that you'll take some time to really figure it out. Hell, I've been playing online for a few days and still suck ass.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mwink822 said:
try it online, it's a blast notwithstanding the fact that you'll take some time to really figure it out. Hell, I've been playing online for a few days and still suck ass.
I have several hours on the game online and love it, have to admit though, i do get shot more then I get to shoot...part of that is the levels, higher up have better guns so its easier for them to get one or 2 shot kills when you're just starting out...most of the time get my ass handed to me, once in a while though, have a GREAT game...

If ya want next time I see ya online I'll host a private game to get you into it

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Draken said:
I have several hours on the game online and love it, have to admit though, i do get shot more then I get to shoot...part of that is the levels, higher up have better guns so its easier for them to get one or 2 shot kills when you're just starting out...most of the time get my ass handed to me, once in a while though, have a GREAT game...

If ya want next time I see ya online I'll host a private game to get you into it
That works for me, we'll have to try and get kart into it too. That way it'll be pretty evenly matched. I'm still at low level where I can't kill squat due to having a suck ass weapon level. Most of my kills come from shooting people in the back or right when they respawn.

·
2,829 Posts
Sounds like fun.

Tried searching online to see if the PS3 allows mouse and keyboard use, and apparently it's up to the game developers to enable it or not. UT3 lets you use 'em. MW2, not so much.

Just need to keep practicing with the PS3 controller.... so I can do this :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
kartoffel said:
Sounds like fun.

Tried searching online to see if the PS3 allows mouse and keyboard use, and apparently it's up to the game developers to enable it or not. UT3 lets you use 'em. MW2, not so much.

Just need to keep practicing with the PS3 controller.... so I can do this :D
I found that a great way to get used to the MW2 controls is to go into the Spec Ops area of the game and keep running 'The Pit' that way you get a feel for switching weapons, reloading if need be, and using the joysticks and aim options.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Now that i know all the maps and have a better handle on the balistics, i thought i might be able to do better. so i made a new character, and so far its been okay. Trying to maintain a higher level of dog tags (of which i already have more then Nose Nuggets) and a better k/d but not as concerned about accuracy.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Would it be hugely dorky to admit that I play a whole lot of dungeons and dragons online? :D

·
2,829 Posts
jamz said:
Would it be hugely dorky to admit that I play a whole lot of dungeons and dragons online? :D
No, that is hugely awesome. What is out there in the way of DnD online games? The last DnD type game I played was Neverwinter Nights. It was my first exposure to 3rd (4th?) edition rules. First time playing it I found a Ring of Protection (-1) and thought "sweet, -1 to my AC!". Whoops, they changed how armor class works in the later editions. It was a cursed ring :p

Currently, like many gunnies, I've given up shooter games for Final Fantasy XIII. Apparently the game opens wide up at some point and you get a whole world to explore with side quests. Not there yet, though, but it's still fun.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
kartoffel said:
No, that is hugely awesome. What is out there in the way of DnD online games? The last DnD type game I played was Neverwinter Nights. It was my first exposure to 3rd (4th?) edition rules. First time playing it I found a Ring of Protection (-1) and thought "sweet, -1 to my AC!". Whoops, they changed how armor class works in the later editions. It was a cursed ring :p

Currently, like many gunnies, I've given up shooter games for Final Fantasy XIII. Apparently the game opens wide up at some point and you get a whole world to explore with side quests. Not there yet, though, but it's still fun.
I'm still working on some of the side quests in Chapter 11...and doing some grinding to get the various character roles filled out.

·
2,829 Posts
mwink822 said:
I'm still working on some of the side quests in Chapter 11...and doing some grinding to get the various character roles filled out.
Gran Pulse is where it's at. Have you tried the death spam trick against the big turtles yet? Set up Vanille as your party leader, summon right away, blow your summon's load right away with just the final attack, and then while the turtle is still staggered, you have Vanille fire off as many death spells as possible until one lands and takes it out.

Side quest #55 is also worth doing early, using the death spam trick. The reward is an item that gives you double CP when equipped.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts