Gun Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Oh I was not planing on doing it! the rear is not armored at all, anyway.. for one who knows how old that armor is, that stuff degrades quickly, two I dont think he wants it back with bullet holes in it...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shad said:
Letting you know, that's probably not a good idea. The kevlar on those isn't really designed to stop concentrated small arms fire. It's more to soak up shrapnel from nearby explosions and the occasional bullet. Anything more than handguns and you'd be fucked. If you could get your hands on an M1114 HMMWV (rolls off the factory floor up-armored w/turbo diesel engine, saves your ass and hauls ass at the same time) then it may be fun.
Can't ever seem to find anything for them on the DRMO lists. Hell i can't even find regular Humvee's on the DRMO lists

·
Fanatical Feline
5,279 Posts
Real military hummers are not for sale long enough to even be typed up on a list... My Mom loves the military hummers.... yea... and her favorite gun is the AR-15 and AK-47 as well.... and... she skydives.... and goes to the range with me to rent the class three auto weapons... But anywho, she looked for one forever and only saw a few before they were gone.

·
Registered
442 Posts
BhamRoadrunner said:
Shad said:
Letting you know, that's probably not a good idea. The kevlar on those isn't really designed to stop concentrated small arms fire. It's more to soak up shrapnel from nearby explosions and the occasional bullet. Anything more than handguns and you'd be fucked. If you could get your hands on an M1114 HMMWV (rolls off the factory floor up-armored w/turbo diesel engine, saves your ass and hauls ass at the same time) then it may be fun.
Can't ever seem to find anything for them on the DRMO lists. Hell i can't even find regular Humvee's on the DRMO lists
It's hard to get anything good from DRMO. As soon as anything good hits their warehouse, someone's already all over it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shad said:
BhamRoadrunner said:
Shad said:
It's hard to get anything good from DRMO. As soon as anything good hits their warehouse, someone's already all over it.
So i guess i need to get buddy buddy with the folks in the warehouse huh?

·
Registered
442 Posts
That would be a good way to get the line on good shit. Too bad most of the people that work at DRMO are DoD civilians. I.E. pricks to anyone in uniform. Actually I shouldn't say that about all of them, I've actually met a few that I got along with.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shad said:
That would be a good way to get the line on good shit. Too bad most of the people that work at DRMO are DoD civilians. I.E. pricks to anyone in uniform. Actually I shouldn't say that about all of them, I've actually met a few that I got along with.
Yea but thats where the bribery comes in :laugh: I'll have to try this route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
actually the m60 is not going the way of the dinosaur, its getting replaced with a new m60e3 or e4 or something. dont put the 249 and m60 in the same role, because they have different jobs. the new m60 has a stellite barrell and has some crazy high meanrounds before failure like 1600 or something

·
Registered
442 Posts
The Army and Marine Corps replaced the 60 with the M240 family of weapons a while ago. The Navy, however, still uses M60's for some fucked up retarded reason. I don't see why why they don't just go with the M240, as it was basically designed to correct the flaws in the M60, which are many.

·
Registered
442 Posts
How would I go about getting a vid off my computer so everyone on the forum can watch it? I just found an old vid of me at a SAW range doing a walkup.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
How big is the video? If you can FTP it to me I can host it for you.

·
Registered
442 Posts
it's 7.39 MB, and unfortunately has no sound (it was recorded on a cheap digital camera), but it's kind of cool to watch. It's also kind of low quality, too. The only way you can even tell I'm shooting is by the links accumulating on my right side and when I'm walking you can see the links hitting the ground. That and the dirt kicking up behind my target. Either way, it's the only shooting vid I have of me on my computer, so.......

21 - 39 of 39 Posts